The Catapult MINI TX from Radial is a compact passive audio snake that allows you to send four channels of analog audio over a standard Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable. The Mini TX features female XLR connectors. Use the Mini RX and TX together to create a compact 4-channel audio snake.
More about the Catapult Mini Series
Radial’s Catapult modules operate like a typical 4-channel audio snake, enabling you to send mic or line-level signals from one location to another without interference, noise, or signal loss—all without requiring digital audio conversion. This modular system allows you to mix and match devices to meet individual application needs.
Catapult modules use Cat 5 Ethernet cables for versatile, lightweight, and budget-friendly audio transmission. Many buildings are pre-wired for Cat 5, making Catapult ideal for contractor applications because you can put this compatibility to good use to transmit audio between different rooms. This eliminates the need for installing or purchasing bulky and expensive multi-channel audio cables; simply connect a shielded Cat 5 cable between any two Catapult modules to deliver 4 balanced audio lines to any destination.
Choose from a variety of receiver or transmitter modules from the Catapult series to get a customized setup that meets your specific needs:
- The Mini TX features female XLR connectors
- The Mini RX has male XLRs
- The Mini TRS is equipped with ¼” TRS jacks for a balanced connection to any pro audio device
Catapult modules keep their signal in the analog realm, avoiding the need for digital conversion or external operating power. A straight-wire connection from the modules’ XLR to a Cat 5’s RJ45 connector guarantees your audio signal is transmitted pristinely, without suffering from coloration or distortion.
Radial Catapult MINI TX Features
- Send four channels of analog audio over a Cat 5/6 cable
- Four XLRF connectors and RJ45 input
- Works with a building's existing cable infrastructure
- Compact and lightweight, yet durable and rugged
- Economical Cat 5/6 cable replaces bulky multichannel audio snakes
- Catapult MINI TX 4 channel cat 5 audio snake1
- Audio Circuit Typepassive RJ45 to XLR/TRS
- Frequency Response7 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- THD+N0.0005% 1kHz
- Dynamic Range140 dB
- Max Input+35 dBu
- Minimum Load Impedance100 Ω
- Common Mode Rejection> 103 dB
- Construction16 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Chassis Size4.2" x 1.32" x 1.6
- Cable Length2 ft