The AD950 is a simplified, inexpensive device for connecting your intercom system to a standard telephone line. It is connected to the intercom system just as is a beltpack, through a rear panel 3-pin XLR. A second XLR is provided for looping through to the next station on the circuit.
The connection to the telephone line is done with a standard modular telephone cable.
The AD950 does not have an auto answer feature. When the red LED flashes to indicate an incoming call, moving the hook switch from On to Off will answer the call and connect it to the intercom system. The second modular jack on the rear is for connecting a simple telephone with a DTMF keypad, for initiating calls from the AD950. Simply move the hook switch to Off and dial the number.
A recessed, screwdriver-adjust control on the front panel allows compensation for the varying levels on telephone lines.
The AD950 is powered by the intercom system and does not require batteries or a separate power supply. The front panel green LED indicates that the unit is being powered.
Pro Intercom AD950 Features
- Connects an intercom system to a standard telephone line
- A recessed, screwdriver-adjust control on the front panel allows compensation for the varying levels on telephone lines
- Powered by the intercom system and does not require batteries or a separate power supply
- The front panel green LED indicates that the unit is being powered
- AD950 Telephone Interface Adapter1
- DurabilityThe AD950 is built in exactly the same cabinet used in our beltpacks, long known to be the most bullet-proof in the industry. The internal components are also mounted in the same way to survive bumps and drops. The tough end bezels usually absorb most of the shock. The XLR connectors are genuine Neutrik®.
- ValueSimplification and using components common to Pro Intercom's BP1 beltpack and AD903 I/O adapter keep the cost of construction of the AD950 low, allowing us to offer it at an industry-leading price.
- CompatibilityThe AD950 is compatible with any 200Ohm, unbalanced intercom system including Clear-Com®. It is not compatible with Telex Audiocom® or RTS. Future versions may include auto-answer and auto-hang-up as demand dictates. The AD950 is FCC PART 68 and Canadian IC compliant.