Blazon 4 is triggered by the same voltage which lights the normal signal lamps in the intercom system. Whenever any signal lamp button on any station in the same circuit is pressed, the Blazon 4 will be activated. The xenon lamp is permanently connected. Circuitry is provided to sustain the Blazon 4 for 4 seconds after being triggered. The xenon lamp has a flash rate of 2Hz, providing 8 flashes per cycle.
The Blazon 4 is connected to the headset intercom system in the same manner as a belt pack. It has two 3-pin XLR connectors on the rear panel. By convention (to differentiate from microphone inputs) the female connector is designated as input. The male connector is provided for looping onwards to the next station in the system. Reversing these connections will not affect operation.
Blazon 4 is powered by the intercom power supply and requires no batteries or other external power source. In its ready mode it draws only 21.1mA; with the strobe active, 120mA. When calculating power supply requirements, you may consider the Blazon 4 as the approximate equivalent of 3 or 4 belt packs.
The ribbed, extruded aluminum case; glass-filled nylon end bezels; internal support system for the PC board, and; best quality XLR-type connectors, all contribute to the Blazon 4's ability to withstand rough usage.
The comparatively low price of the Blazon 4 is made possible by the minimized assembly cost resulting from simplicity of construction.
Blazon 4 is compatible with Clear-Com and other party-line headset intercom systems.
Pro Intercom Blazon4 Signal Light Features
- Permanently connected xenon lamp
- Xenon lamp has a flash rate of 2Hz, providing 8 flashes per cycle
- Two 3-pin XLR connectors on the rear panel
- Ribbed, extruded aluminum case
- Glass-filled nylon end bezels
- Internal support system for the PC board
- Quality XLR-type connectors
- Blazon4 Signal Light1
- Supply voltage24 ~ 30 VDC nominal
- Switch-on voltage8 Volts minimum
- Switch-off voltage5 Volts maximum
- Switch-on time 75 milliseconds
- Switch-off time4 seconds
- Flash rate2Hz
- Flash power0.75 joules
- Input impedance1 Meg W
- Power consumption Ready - 21.1mA; Strobe only - 68 mA
- Size3.7x4.3x5.8" (93.98x109.22x147.32 mm)
- Weight 20oz. (0.567Kg)