Lightweight and durable, QSC’s KLA12 Powered Line Array Speaker 12-inch low-frequency transducer coupled with a 1.75-inch compression driver. Each KLA12 is configured for a 90˚ x 18˚ coverage angle, allowing 90˚ vertical arrays to be configured using only five boxes. A self-contained SOLO™ (Single-Operator Logistics) Rigging System lets you quickly assemble (and disassemble) the line array without the need for special tools or external hardware. Ar-Q™ (Arcuate Equalization) processing enables users to quickly tune and configure the array, making appropriate frequency adjustments based on the number of boxes. With the click of a dial, the user can select the total number of boxes deployed in the array, for an evenly balanced and accurate tonal curve. Intrinsic Correction™ actively adjusts time, frequency, and amplitude response to achieve a maximally flat bandpass target.
More about QSC’s KLA Series
Experience the power and sophistication of line array speakers—in a system that’s easy to use. QSC’s KLA Series redefines line array systems with its simple Lift, Click and Play approach, allowing you to deploy it efficiently and effectively. This fixed arcuate, active line array system is ideal for myriad portable and permanent sound setups, including live entertainment, houses of worship, and more.
The KLA Series is comprised of two models:
- KLA12 – A 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker
- KLA181 – An 18-inch subwoofer
Both models boast a highly efficient power amp module: A 500W x 500W module in the KLA12, and a 1000W module in the KLA181. GuardRail™ circuitry protection prevents the amp module from unnatural and destructive clipping. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR “Thru” connector, powerCON® In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal and Limit, as well as discrete LED indicators for Power/Standby status.
KLA loudspeakers boast DEEP™ DSP algorithm, which actively manages potentially damaging low-frequency transients to extend the bass response of your system’s audio.
KLA’s Auto Standby mode automatically engages after 5 minutes of inactivity to reduce energy consumption; but upon resumption of the audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly for immediate output.
Up to five KLA models of any combination can be driven off a single 15 amp/120V (8A/230V) electrical circuit. For permanent installations, multiple loudspeakers can be daisy-chained for total gain control from a single remote pot wired to the onboard Phoenix-style connector.
KLA loudspeakers can be either ground deployed or flown. For ground stacking, up to two KLA12 enclosures can be mounted over the KLA181 (or the KW181 subwoofer, sold separately, is compatible via a threaded pole socket *). Loudspeakers may be stacked without a sub using an appropriately rated loudspeaker stand (sold separately).
KLA12 enclosures feature the Tilt-Direct™ 35mm pole socket, allowing the speaker to be angled for optimal audience coverage. KLA enclosures are engineered for a 10:1 design factor. Use a KLA AF12 Array Frame or the M10 Integrated Suspension points to suspend one KLA Array consisting of one of the following three array configuration options.
Note: The maximum number of KLA12s in any array configuration (with or without KLA181s) is five.
QSC KLA12 Features
- 500 W x 500 W power module
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers light-weight durability
- SOLO Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware
- Ar-Q Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 x KLA12 and 2 x KLA181
- 90° x 18° nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array)
- High power, 12" low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- 1.75" diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction
- powerCON® Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications
- KLA12 active line array speaker1
- AC powerCON® Power Cord (CEE 7/7) 11.8 ft1
- AC powerCON® Power Cord (NEMA 5-15 - USA style) 12 ft1
- XLR Audio Loop-thru Cable, 2 ft1
- powerCON® Loop-thru Power Cord, 2 ft1
- Euro-style Connector Plug, 3-pin1
- ConfigurationMultipurpose 2-way
- High Frequency: 1.75-inch diaphragm compression driver
- Low Frequency: 12-inch cone transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB)49 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage90° H × 18° V
- Maximum SPL (1 meter)131 dB peak
- Power Output
- HF: 500 W Class D continuous
- LF: 500 W Class D continuous
- Input Impedance: XLR: 40 kΩ balanced / 20 kΩ unbalanced
- Controls: Power, Attenuation, LF Setting (External Sub/Normal/DEEP™), Array Size (1-5), Front LED (Pwr/Limit/Off)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR line level input, Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote attenuation control, Locking powerCON power connector AC In, Locking powerCON® power connector AC Out
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power)
- 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- 120 VAC, 2.01 A
- 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: Impact-resistant ABS
- Finish: Black paint
- Grille: Rugged powder coated steel grille
- Speaker Dimensions (HxWxD): 15x23.4x16.6"
- Net Weight: 55 lbs (25 kg)