The 4-channel Di4 is designed to be used as a standard tool for many audio applications. Offering four channels, the Di4 easily solves the problem of converting unbalanced signals into balanced output suitable for use with mixers, PAs, recording consoles and more. The Di4 also functions as multi-channel stereo line mixer. This feature allows you to connect all your keyboards, samplers and modules into just one rack unit on stage and supply independent XLR balanced outputs to the stage box for a front of house engineer and set your own independent mix for stage monitoring. The Di4 also offers a headphone output.
The Di4 can be used as a DI box: Connect the signal you would like to convert from unbalanced to balanced to the Di4 via a 1/4-inch unbalanced jack to one of the channel inputs on the front panel of the unit. Connect an XLR balanced cable to the corresponding channel output on the rear of the Di4 and connect to your chosen destination. If the input signal strength is too high you can depress the 20dB pad. If there is an ground (earth) loop hum you can remove by depressing the earth lift switch.
The Di4 can also be used as a line mixer: You can mix volume and pan of all input signals to a single stereo pair of RCA connections on the rear of the Di4. This enables use of the unit as a fully functional line mixer. Just connect the RCA stereo master outputs on the rear to your chosen destination and adjust the individual volume and pan controls for each individual channel on the front of the Di4 to suit your needs.
dbx Di4 Features
- Four totally independent DI box units in 1/2 RU package
- Independent 20dB pad switch per channel
- Independent ground (earth) lift switch per channel
- Independent volume control per channel for line mixer output
- Independent pan control per channel for line mixer output
- Master volume
- Headphone output
- Di4 active 4-channel direct box with line meter1
- Audio Circuit TypeActive
- Audio Input Connectors1/4" TS unbalanced
- Input Impedance320k Ω
- Peak Input Level+ 15 dBu
- Headphone Connector1/4" jack
- Stereo Line Mixer OutputsRCA connectors
- XLR Balanced OutputsXLR connectors
- Output Impedance600 Ω
- Max Output Level+16 dBu
- Frequency Response20 Hz–20 kHz, 0 dB to -2 dB
- THD+Noise0.0008% typical at +4dBu, 1 kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk<-90dB, 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Power Supply~ 100-120 V AC, ~ 200-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption775 mW
- Dimensions1.75" x 8" x 8.5"
- Weightapprox 3.85 pounds