The Electro-Voice ZX5 is the new standard of no compromise audio performance and versatility in a simple to use, compact package.
At its heart are the transducers. First is the DVX3150 high performance low frequency transducer. EV used advanced computer aided design techniques to create forced air, directional voice coil cooling for high power and efficiency. Finite element analysis was used to optimize the suspension and magnetic structure for long, linear travel to provide low distortion and greater LF extension. These features and details, such as forged magnetic components and special materials, provide reliability with a 500W power rating in a lightweight transducer. Next is the ND2, a 2-inch voice coil compression driver based on neodymium motor structure to allow for maximum output while reducing size and weight to a minimum. Its precision phasing plug and titanium diaphragm provide better HF performance, while the integral heatsink provides cooling for high power output.
The high tech enclosure uses injection-molded high-impact polypropylene structural foam to make the ZX5 incredibly durable. The enclosure geometry elements have been carefully designed to provide maximum rigidity and bass response. By design the ZX5 is also a perfect solution for stage monitors by allowing two angles (45° or 55°) without any additional accessories.
The ZX5 is equipped with three anchor plates for rigging with single stud-fittings, along with two more possible anchor plate attachment points on the bottom. For permanent suspension or attaching brackets, the ZX5 also has two M8 inserts on the top and bottom, two under the handle, and four on the back of the enclosure, for a total of 10.
Electro-Voice ZX5-90 Features
- DVX3150 15" LF transducer with forced air cooling
- ND 2" voice coil, 1" exit neodymium compression driver
- 90° x 50° coverage pattern
- 600W continuous (2400W) power handling
- High sensitivity, 132 dB max. SPL
- Adjustable monitor angle (45° or 55°)
- 3 anchor plates for single stud fittings and 10 integral suspension points
- Passive/biamp selectable
- ZX5-90 15" 2-way full-range passive speaker1
- Frequency Response (-3 dB)58Hz - 18,000Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)39Hz - 20,000Hz
- Rec. Hipass Frequency36 Hz
- Axial Sensitivity98 dB (1W/1m)
- Max. Calculated SPL132 dB
- Coverage (HxV)90° x 50°
- Power Handling (passive)600W continuous, 2400W peak
- LF Power Handling (biamp)500W continuous, 2000W peak
- HF Power Handling (biamp)40W continuous, 160W peak
- LF TransducerDVX3150, 15" driver
- HF TransducerND2, 1" exit neodymium compression driver
- Crossover Frequency1,500Hz
- Nominal Impedance8 Ω
- Min. Impedance6.5 Ω
- Connectors(2) Neutrik Speakon NL4's
- Enclosure Materialpolypropylene structural foam
- Suspensionenclosure has locations for 5 single-stud attachment plates and 10 forged steel eyebolts - 2 on top, 2 on bottom, 2 on side, and 4 on rear of enclosure
- Grillepolyester powder coated, 16GA, galvanized steel, with rotatable logo
- Dimensions (HxWxD)27.26" x 17.57" x 16.16"
- Weight49 pounds