The ProD8 is a high performance 8-channel passive direct box optimized for keyboard rigs in professional touring, with redundant 1/4" inputs for each channel and a completely passive design that requires no power to operate.
The ProD8 features up to 8 direct box outputs in a single 1RU rack space for professional touring, with dual ¼" inputs on each channel to incorporate a backup system or connect up to 16 channels of audio at once. A ¼" TRS effects insert jack on each channel allows for connection to various effects devices while adding greater routing options, while a thru-put jack delivers a direct feed to the artist's playback system. The front panel features isolated XLRs for balanced low-noise outputs, each equipped with ground lift and 180° polarity reverse switches.
The engine inside the ProD8 is a custom wound Eclipse ET-DB2 transformer that performs both the impedance matching and balancing. Linear from 20Hz to 20kHz, it is able to withstand the extreme dynamics common with today's digital keyboards. Unlike active circuits that overload and square wave when the rail voltage is exceeded, transformers saturate. This means that as the signal increases, the ProD8 naturally rounds out the tone producing a warm Bessel curve reminiscent of the very best vintage audio gear. The other significant advantage to this passive design is 100% galvanic isolation between the source and destination, which eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
To enhance setup options, the Radial ProD8 is equipped with reversible rack ears. This handy feature allows the system tech to position the inputs on the front of the rack when interfacing with external keyboards or have them inside if the setup is predominantly equipped with rack modules.
Radial ProD8 Features
- High density 8-channel rackmount DI for keyboards
- Withstands extreme dynamics from digital sources
- Redundant inputs let you incorporate backup system
- Reversible rack ears to optimize patching setup
- ProD8 8-channel rackmount direct box1
- Audio Circuit TypePassive, transformer based
- TransformerEclipse ET-DB2, 12:1 ratio
- Number of Channels8
- Frequency Response20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range128dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion0.01% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation1° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input+18dB @ 20Hz
- FeaturesInput pad, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift
- Input Connectors1/4"
- Output ConnectorsXLR
- Construction14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D)19" x 6.25" x 1.75" (48.3cm x 15.875cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight7.2lb (3.26 kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D)22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping weight8.30lb (3.76 kg)
- PowerPassive, no power required
- ConditionsFor use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- WarrantyRadial 3-year, transferable