Hanging cardioid condenser microphones expertly capture large areas of sound, providing full ambience and sound reinforcement for big groups in a way individual mics cannot. The Pro 45 from Audio-Technica was designed for quality sound reinforcement for large performing groups, such as choirs, orchestras or theater stages. High-SPL handling meets the demands of being suspended over choirs and other performing groups. Its uniform 120° angle of acceptance provides well-balanced audio pickup near and far from the mic.
Being sensitive to sound from a wide angle does require some protection. A foam windscreen is included to lower room and vent noise the mic could otherwise pick up. As a condenser microphone, 9V-52V of phantom power is required for operation. Output is low impedance balanced, the signal for which appears across Pins 2 and 3 (Pin 1 is ground). When setting up the mic, position it forward of the front-most source, above the rear-most source, and aim it between them. To create the best sound balance, the distance from the microphone to the rear-most source should not double the distance from the microphone to the front-most source.
Rugged housing has low-reflectance finish, creating a clean look that won’t reflect bright stage lights at the audience. Included with the mic is a 25 foot miniature cable that is permanently attached. The cable’s free end connects to the wall/ceiling plate power module (included) through a TA3F-type connector that optimizes RFI immunity. Also included are a vinyl-coated steel hanger for hanging and a stand adapter so the microphone can be set on the stage if desired.
Audio-Technica PRO 45 Features
- Hi-SPL handling is ideal for suspension over choirs and orchestras
- Wide-range condenser element with low-mass diaphragm for superior performance
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power modules
- Flat, smooth frequency response
- 25' (7.6 m) cable permanently attached between microphone and XLRM-type connector
- PRO 45 ProPoint Cardioid Condenser Overhead Mic1
- AT8146(WH) Windscreen1
- AT8451(WH) Steel Hanger1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- ElementFixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response70-16,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity-37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level134 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio66 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements9-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight0.5 oz (15 g)
- Cable25' (7.6 m) long, permanently attached
- Dimensions2.24" (56.9 mm) long, 0.47" (12.0 mm) head diameter
- Output Connector3-pin XLRM-type on cable
- Audio-Technica Case StyleM21