The RØDE K2 is a premium valve condenser microphone featuring dual 1” gold sputtered diaphragms. Infinitely variable control of the polar pattern from omnidirectional through cardioid and bidirectional/figure-8 provides the freedom and flexibility to excel in any recording situation.
High-performance specifications (including a maximum SPL of 162dB) are combined with the character and subtleties of the legendary mics of the 1950s to provide a microphone that not only provides world-class vocals but is perfectly at home recording a wide range of instruments both up-close or in a wider ‘room’ capacity.
The RØDE K2 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode K2 Features
- Large 1" capsule with gold sputtered diaphragm and internal shock mounting
- Ultra low noise
- Wide dynamic range
- Class ‘A’ valve circuitry
- Hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
- Dedicated Power Supply
- High strength welded and heat-treated steel mesh head
- Continuously variable polar patterns. From omni, through cardioid to figure 8, controlled at the power supply.
- 1 Year Warranty (10 years when you register your microphone)
- K2 variable pattern dual 1" condenser valve microphone1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Max. SPL162 dB SPL
- Max. Output Level30.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted)10 dBA
- Active Electronicsvalve/tube impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Output3-pin XLR
- Dimensions (HxWxD)8.19" x 2.17" x 2.17"
- Weight1.79 pounds