Fusion is an all-analogue 2U stereo outboard processor created for the modern hybrid studio. Fusion introduces five completely new analogue colouration tools designed to bring the perfect combination of added tonal character, weight and space to your mix bus or stereo stems, with the detail, warmth and finesse that only real analogue circuits can provide.
The SSL sonic legacy is built upon a much-emulated collection of analogue audio processing tools that have featured in generations of studio consoles; pristine mic pre's, classic Channel EQ & Dynamics, the legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, the Listen Mic Compressor, and the unique SSL summing bus. Fusion takes SSL into a new era with the introduction of a suite of new analogue processing tools that offer exceptional tonal character and versatility. Fusion expands the processing palette for hybrid studio owners and is a superb partner for the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor.
- Five new SSL analogue colour circuits:
- VINTAGE DRIVE - A unique non-linear saturation circuit designed to bring that cherished gradual analogue overload sound you get from pushing vintage equipment into the sweet spot.
- VIOLET EQ - a 2-band, minimum phase-shift shelving EQ offering instant low-end weight and glorious high-end sheen. 4 fixed frequency points for each band with Â±9dB boost/cut.
- HF COMPRESSOR - A high-frequency compressor, optimised for smooth taming of unwanted brittle sounds or build-up of top-end fizz.
- STEREO IMAGE - A built-in M/S circuit allows for sumptuous sculpting of the side-signal to allow for wider mixes with added depth.
- TRANSFORMER CIRCUIT - A custom SSL design that introduces subtle low-frequency harmonics for added weight, alongside a touch of added transformer sparkle in the highs.
- Built-In Insert Point with two modes of operation:
- Stereo mode allows you to integrate additional outboard gear such as the SSL Bus Compressor. Switchable pre/post the VIOLET EQ.
- Mid/Side mode allows you to insert two different mono outboard processors across the mid and side signals of the mix. Switchable pre/post the STEREO IMAGE controls.
- 3rd order HPF (High-Pass Filter) to clean up unwanted low-end.
- SuperAnalogue™ Â±12dB centre-indented INPUT and OUTPUT trim controls to help achieve the best possible gain-staging into and out of Fusion.
- Individual bypass switches for each circuit to compare sounds with/without each circuit.
- Master BYPASS switch with two modes of operation:
- Red mode: complete bypass.
- White mode: bypass that includes the INPUT TRIM control.
- Master meter, with 3-second peak hold segments. Switches from output to input metering upon pressing the BYPASS switch.
- Input clip O/L LEDs, triggered at +27dBu.
- Balanced XLR input and outputs throughout for easy and professional studio integration.
- Enhanced 'dot-dash' screening around controls to allow for easier and clearer recall.
- Adjustable front-panel meter and switch brightness to match the vibe of your studio environment.