Akai Professional’s FORCE is a standalone music production and DJ performance system that combines modern functionality with intuitive controls so you can optimize creative expression. The ideal addition to any stage or studio setup, FORCE enhances every step of the music-making process.
Record, program, and sequence with multiple track types. Use Performance Mode to compose song sections, then organize using the linear arranger. Polish the final product with FORCE’s dozens of processors and effects. Smart controls allow you to fast-track your workflow with speedy navigation, effortless playback/recording, note expression, crossfading, and more.
FORCE’s wide array of tactile controls gives you accurate and intuitive control over your sound. Its expandable 8x8 clip launch matrix allows for effortless drumming, triggering, and step sequencing. The 360-degree rotary encoders feature OLED displays that deliver real-time access to all core controls and critical information. Meanwhile, you can use the 7” full-color capacitive touchscreen to launch clips, browse, edit MIDI data, adjust samples, apply effects, and so much more.
Add a personal spin to your sound with the AIR FX suite. Implement smart assignments on the rotary encoders or use the touchscreen interface to fine-tune effects. Manipulate your sound in real-time by importing multiple stems, time-stretching, and pitch-shifting on the fly. Layer your performance with tactile XYFX. You can also sync to a wireless network to any Ableton Link-compatible app or hardware.
Integrate the FORCE into any size of setup with this controller’s expanded connectivity. Access external samples via a USB thumb drive or SD card. Use the SATA drive bay to get even more storage for saving your work. Capture audio with 2 XLR (1/4”) combo inputs with phantom power, which can be switched from line to instrument level depending on your needs. Use 2 stereo ¼” outputs to route your audio or plug in a headphone to cue bus or audition clips/scenes. Connect modular gear via 4 CV/Gate outputs and unify your MIDI equipment with MIDI In/Out/Through ports and FORCE’s MIDI Multi feature.
Akai FORCE Features
- Mic / instrument / line inputs, 4 outputs | MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs
- Remix, mash-Up, DJ and produce with 6 Track types for complete audio / MIDI / CV sequencing and performance capability
- Performance Modes including 16-Pad Drums, Notes, Smart Scales, Chords & Progressions
- MPC Sample Editing
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
- Full-Size SD card Slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- FORCE Standalone Music Production/DJ Performance System1
- Pads 64 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) 360° touch-sensitive Knobs
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (5) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- Buttons 56 dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- (4) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI input
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI output
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI thru port
- (4) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (2) USB Type-A ports
- (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- Power: via power adapter19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included
- Dimensions (W x D x H)13.8” x 15.3” x 2.85” (350 x 389 x 72.5 mm)
- Weight8.53 lbs (3.87 kg)