Ideal for musicians and composers, the MPK225 keyboard controller from Akai Professional allows you to incorporate MPC workflow into productions. This compact performance pad and keyboard controller builds upon the classic core technology of MPC workstations, while simultaneously enabling deep software integration and optimizing your music-producing workflow.
This keyboard controller boasts 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys that are velocity-sensitive and equipped with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. Its piano-style keybed allows for unprecedented response and natural feel. Built-in Octave Up and Down controls enable access to the entire melodic range, while Classic MPC Note Repeat and MPC Full Level provide further inspiration and an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns allow effortless exploration of complex melodies.
Included with the MPK225 is premium production software from Ableton Live and MPC Beats. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that gives you the tools for composing, recording, remixing, improvising, and editing. Meanwhile, MPC Beats is a beat-making DAW software for both Mac and PC. Mimicking MPC workflow, it also works as a VST plugin and comes with over 80 audio FX plugins to sculpt your audio.
The MPK225 comes with a free download of Akai Pro VIP3.0 software to enhance your control of virtual studio technology (VST), virtual instruments, and effects collections. Great for studio production and live performance, VIP gives you quick and easy access to your entire VST library with user-friendly functionality and browsing capability. Packed with tons of features, Akai Pro VIP3.0 seamlessly integrates into your existing sound production setup to provide the ultimate platform for free creative expression.
The MPK225 is also upgrade-ready for MPC Software 2.0, a cutting-edge production suite that combines 128-track sequencing, up-to-the-minute time-stretching, clip-launch, advanced MIDI editing, VST compatibility (in controller mode), standalone operation on Mac and PC, advanced sampling and audio editing/recording, seamless DAW integration, redesigned GUI, Ableton Link compatibility, and so much more!
Akai MPK225 Features
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 32 pads
- 12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack & 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
- MPK255 25-key semi-weighted compact keyboard controller1
- USB cable1
- Quickstart Guide1
- Safety and Warranty Manual1
- Ableton Live Lite software download1
- Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech software download1
- SONiVOX Twist 2.0 software download1
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials software download1
- Keys25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive; Light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls 8 assignable control knobs, 4 backlit buttons
- Computer InterfaceUSB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves10 with Octave Up and Down
- Additional ControlsMPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, Time Division
- Additional Inputs 1x 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input, 1x 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- PowerUSB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions (W x D x H)19.25 x 11.75 x 3.63 inches (488.95 x 298.45 x 92.202 mm)
- Weight6.09 lbs