Whether you’re in a home studio or professional setup, making a recording or performing live on stage, the AT4033a cardioid condenser microphone delivers excellent audio quality with a strong up-front presence that makes it ideal for capturing a versatile range of sounds, from vocals to bluegrass ensembles. Engineered to deliver consistent and pristine performances, its condenser’s transformerless circuitry creates exceptional high-speed transient responses and clean output signals while eliminating low-frequency distortion. This advanced technology is housed in a durable exterior that is symmetrical and open acoustic environment to minimize internal reflections, while its included custom AT8449a shock mount offers superior isolation of the desired sound source.
The AT4033a includes an acoustic element baffle that is constructed of precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, and which enhances the element’s stability and optimizes its sensitivity. Its vapor-deposited gold diaphragm is 2 microns thick and undergoes a five-step aging process to achieve consistent, long-term performance quality. In addition, this mic features a capsule with “floating construction” that helps isolate noise and vibration, so you capture only the sound you want while excluding the noise you don’t.
Its large-diaphragm cardioid condenser element delivers rich and clean sound at low noise, performance that is enhanced by a high-pass filter and pad switch. The integral 80 Hz high-pass filter minimizes the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise, and switches from flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off that makes it less sensitive to pops in close vocal use. A pad switch opens an additional 10dB of headroom, while the reducing pickup of distortion and signal overload noises.
(Note: The AT4033a is the same microphone as the AT4033/CL. However, while the AT4033/CL included the AT8449 shock mount, the AT4033a now comes with the AT8449a shock mount.)
Audio-Technica AT4033a Features
- Transformerless circuitry minimizes low-frequency distortion
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle
- Aged, 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm
- Floating-construction capsule assembly provides isolation from noise and vibration
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- AT4033a cardioid condenser microphone1
- AT8449a shock mount1
- Protective case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response30 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-32 dBV/Pa (25.1 mV)
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off80Hz, 12dB/octave