The MMC4018V capsule is made to optimize the performance of the d:facto™ for close miking vocals on stage. The result is an applicable opening angle around the center axis as wide as a cardioid with its maximum 3 dB attenuation at ±60°. This means that a pleasant tolerance around the center axis is obtained for the singer, whereas the rear rejection is higher than other supercardioids. The rear lobe opening, normally seen on supercardioids at 180° angle, is extremely uniform and controlled.
The MMC4018V has roughly 8 dB attenuation at 90° and has its highest rejection at approximately ±140° off-axis. The gain-to-feedback ratio is extremely high due to the controlled rear attenuation, which is carried out between 120° and 240° off-axis in a wide and uniform frequency range. No frequency is less than 12 dB attenuated in this area, most frequencies are attenuated 15-30 dB. No extra care is needed with regards to angling the microphone to stage monitors, as long as they are aimed towards the rear of the d:facto™.
DPA MMC4018V Features
- Opening angle around the center axis like a cardioid
- Pleasant tolerance around center axis perfect for singing
- Rear rejection is higher than other supercardioids
- Extremely uniform and controlled rear lobe opening
- High gain-to-feedback ratio
- Wide and uniform frequency range
- Optimized for close miking vocals on stage
- MMC4018V supercardioid microphone capsule for vocal1