The Powercab™ 112 Plus is a 1x12 active speaker system that delivers an authentic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience when paired with any modeler. When set to Flat mode, you simply plug your modeler in and play; Powercab 112 Plus amplifies the sound of your presets as they are, much like a standard “FRFR” speaker system—but with the response and feel of an actual guitar amplifier.
Now imagine having an empty 1x12 speaker cabinet that you can instantly load with any one of six classic speaker types just by pressing a button. Setting the Powercab 112 Plus to Speaker Modeling mode enables you to do just that—virtually—using a new technology developed by Line 6. Simply bypass the speaker cabinet models in your modeler’s signal chain and let Powercab 112 Plus provide the sound and feel of playing through those classic speakers.
The Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system accomplishes this by combining a clean 250-watt power amplifier with a custom hybrid coaxial speaker. The speaker combines the range, clarity, and power-handling capabilities of a P.A. speaker, with the rapid transient response of a guitar speaker, in just the right measure to function optimally in both Flat and Speaker Modeling modes. And Powercab 112 Plus is loud, producing a room-filling 125dB SPL maximum volume.
In addition to sounding and responding like a true guitar cab, the Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system also looks like one. Sturdily constructed of plywood, with a unique curved back that adds rigidity and decreases weight, Powercab 112 Plus weighs a gig-friendly 36 pounds (16 kgs). And a flip-out kickstand allows it to be angled toward the performer, whether used in the backline or as a frontline monitor.
The Powercab 112 Plus offers several powerful advanced features (a standard Powercab 112 model is also available), such as a 2-inch LCD, 128 user preset locations, MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU and L6 LINKTM digital I/O, a multipurpose second input, and a USB audio interface. Loading up to 128 third-party speaker cabinet impulse responses (IRs) is also an option, allowing users even greater tone-crafting flexibility.
Line 6 Powercab 112 Features
- Choice of flat response or six classic guitar speaker models
- 250-watt amplifier delivers up to 125dB Peak SPL
- 12" custom hybrid coaxial driver
- 70Hz-20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat mode
- Curved plywood construction results in a cabinet that is solid yet lightweight
- 128 Presets can be configured as any Mode (Flat, Speaker Modeling, IR)
- MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU digital I/O, and USB audio interface
- L6 LINK digital connector
- Loads up to 128 third-party impulse responses (IRs)
- Powercab 112 Plus Active Guitar Speaker System1
- Speaker Quantity1
- Speaker TypeNeodymium Coaxial Custom by Eminence®
- Compression Driver(s)Celestion® CDX 1-1010
- Loudness SPL125dB SPL @ 1m
- Peak Wattage250W
- Speaker Size12"
- Frequency Response70Hz - 20kHz
- Speaker Models12 (with 2.0 firmware)
- Combination Input Jacks2
- XLR Direct Outs2
- L6 LINK/AES/EBUInput and Output
- USB Audio InterfaceUSB-B
- User Presets128
- Display2" LCD
- Cabinet MaterialPoplar Plywood
- Third-Party Impulse Response (IR) Support2048 sample
- MIDI/DIN2: In, Out/Thru
- Dimensions (HxWxD)18.2x22.3x12" (462x566x305mm)
- Weight36.04 lbs (16.35kg)