Audio-Technica’s AT8015 Line + Gradient Condenser Microphone is specifically designed for capturing audio in video productions and live broadcasts (ENG/EFP). Boasting excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of the mic, the AT8015’s narrow acceptance angle is ideal for picking up sounds at long distances. At the same time, its switchable low-frequency roll-off position reduces the pickup of ambient noise, room reverberations, and mechanically-coupled vibrations, allowing it to efficiently reject unwanted sounds—so you only capture the audio you want.
The AT8015 operates on battery or phantom power. Using an alkaline battery, the microphone has a typical current life of 0.4 mA / 1200 hours. Meanwhile, phantom power requirements are comprised of 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical vBattery Type 1.5V AA/UM3.
Included in the box with the AT8015 microphone is a custom AT8405a Stand Clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands that contributes to isolating background and handling noise, a 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter, an AT8135 windscreen for minimizing wind and vocal pops, a battery, and an SG3 protective carrying case for safe transportation and secure storage.
Audio-Technica AT8015 Features
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant-free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- AT8015 Line + Gradient Condenser Microphone1
- AT8405a Stand Clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter1
- AT8135 Windscreen1
- SG3 Protective Carrying Case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternLine + gradient
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance
- Phantom: 250 ohms
- Battery: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity-38 dBV/Pa (12.5 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Battery–39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level Phantom132 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery120 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range Phantom110 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements11-52V DC, 2 mA typical vBattery Type 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- SwitchesFlat, roll-off
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions18.11 inches (460 mm) long, 0.83 inch (21 mm) diameter
- Weight195 g (6.9 oz)