Achieve highly intelligible voice pickup with lavalier microphone AT803. Connect the lavalier to a compatible bodypack transmitter and attach the mic to your top for mobile and hands-free use. Small size, omnidirectional pattern and other features of this condenser mic ensure it delivers quality sound reinforcement in professional recording, TV, and other demanding sound pickup locations.
Omnidirectional polar pattern of this lav mic creates natural speaking sound, picking up close sounds from all around the microphone. One feature limiting unwanted noise from being picked up is a 3-position switch impacting frequency response to choose off, on/flat response, or on/low-roll off. Low-roll-off position reduces sensitivity to popping for close vocal use, and minimizes pickup of low-frequency ambient noise from traffic, room reverberation, wind and vents. This mode provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without sacrificing voice quality.
Condenser microphone AT803 requires an external power source. For optimal convenience and versatile operation, this lav mic can be powered with 11V to 52V phantom power or a 1.5V AA battery. Battery is housed under a cap near the top of the power module. Frequency response is 30Hz to 20,000 Hz, and the lavalier handles sound input levels up to 121 dB (battery-powered) or 135 dB (phantom powered). A windscreen is included to minimize wind and pops in any stage of operation.
Rugged design and construction keep this microphone standing up to different uses. Extra small size of this lav microphone provides full sound reproduction while being nearly invisible. All the sound features and this mic’s ability to be disguised in clothing or props make it well-suited for professional recording, TV, theater, and houses of worship.
Audio-Technica AT803 Features
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- High intelligibility for lecturers and stage/TV performers
- Large sound in unobtrusive design
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- 6' (1.8 m) cable permanently attached to mic, TA3F connector at power module
- Power module AT85311
- Clothing clip AT84191
- Windscreen AT81161
- 1.5V AA battery1
- Carrying case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response30 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance
- Phantom: 200Ω
- Battery: 270Ω
- Low Frequency Roll Off 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity Phantom-44 dB (6.3 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Battery-46 dB (5.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- Phantom: 135 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery: 121 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range
- Phantom: 107 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery: 93 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 66 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switches Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Weight (Microphone) 2.8 g (0.1 oz)
- Weight (Power Module) 139 g (4.9 oz)
- WeightMicrophone : 2.8 g (0.1 oz) - Power Module : 139 g (4.9 oz)
- Cable 1.8 m (6') long (permanently attached to microphone), 2.6 mm (0.10") diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Dimensions Microphone: 25.0 mm (0.98") long, 10.2 mm (0.40") diameter; Power Module: 84 mm (3.31") H x 63 mm (2.48") W x 22 mm (0.87") D; Microphone: 25 mm (0.98") long, 10.2 mm (0.4") diameter
- Output Connector (Power Module) Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Output Connector Integral 3-pin XLRM-type (on Power Module)