A popular selection at the high end of the Audio-Technica M Series, ATH-M70x headphones provide an unmatched monitoring experience for the most critical audio professionals. Featuring the same sonic design as the exceedingly popular ATH-M50x, these headphones deliver superb clarity throughout an extended frequency range and are tuned for accurate reproduction of low and high frequencies. From modern exterior to high-quality interior, listeners get a comfortable listening experience with enhanced audio and effective isolation that make these headphones great for tracking and mixing.
Several factors help create the focus on audio that is required of a good pair of headphones. Closed-back dynamic design offers superior isolation with minimal bleed, whether that is sound coming in to or out of the headphones. Around the ear earpads effectively block out ambient noise for a sound isolation more comfortable than full noise-cancellation.
Equipped with 45mm dynamic drivers that have rare earth magnets, these headphones provide quality sound that accurately reflects true performance. Frequency response of 5-40,000 Hz is incredibly broad, offering accurate sound at each end while maintaining perfect balance.
Comfort is an important aspect in a good pair of headphones. Professional-grade material provide comfort on around the ear earcups and the headband. Earcups can swivel 90°, ideal for size adjustment and 1-ear style monitoring. Three different detachable cables are included, one coiled and two straight. Coiled cable is 4’, straight cables are 4’ and 10’.
All the features of the ATH-M70x headphones combine to offer a solid monitoring solution for mixing and tracking, mastering, and audio forensics.
Audio-Technica ATH-M70x Features
- M-Series flagship model, tuned for extremely accurate reproduction and carefully crafted using key metal components for lasting durability
- 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout a massive frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Perfect for studio mixing and tracking, mastering and audio forensics
- 5-40,000 Hz frequency response
- Maximum input power of 2000 mW at 1 kHz
- 97 dB sensitivity
- ATH-M70x Closed-Back Monitor Headphones1
- Screw-on adapter1
- Carrying pouch1
- 3.9’ detachable coiled cable1
- 3.9’ detachable straight cable1
- 9.8’ detachable straight cable1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Type Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter 45 mm
- Frequency Response 5 - 40,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power 2,000 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity 97 dB
- Impedance 35 ohms
- Weight 9.9 oz (280 g), without cable and connector
- Cable Interchangeable cables: detachable 3.9-9.8' (1.2-3 m) coiled cable, detachable 9.8' (3 m) straight cable and detachable 3.9' (1.2 m) straight cable
- Cable - Detachable Yes
- Connector Gold-plated stereo 1/8” (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief
- Magnet Neodymium
- Voice Coil CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Folding/collapsible Yes