Bring professional sound to your setting with Audio-Technica’s BP4025 stereo field recording microphone. Ideally suited for broadcast and professional recording, this mic is uniquely designed to fit in a smaller housing while producing an X/Y stereo image with the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field. That compact design and low weight of the mic allow it to be easily mobile and mount conveniently to a camera.
One unique feature of this microphone is the X/Y stereo polar pattern. Normally this pattern is achieved by placing 2 microphones next to each other so the diaphragms are as close together as possible without touching. This is the most common stereo miking setup, and with the BP4025 you now only need one microphone to achieve the unique sound of that setup. The design is also compact enough that the microphone’s housing is smaller than many other similar mics, making it even better suited to mobile broadcasting.
Exercise great control over your sound with different switches. A switchable 10 dB pad lowers the mic’s sensitivity, providing higher SPL capability. Engage the 10 dB pad for flexible use in a wide range of speakers/performers, and system configurations. Control frequency response with an integral 80 Hz high-pass filter that easily switches between flat frequency response to low-end roll-off. Quality audio reproduction continues in the large-diaphragm capsule configuration. These offer pristine sound quality and exceptionally low noise.
Along with its size, the BP4025 travels easily with its rugged housing protecting the mic’s different elements. At 7.3” long and a head diameter of 1.87”, the condenser mic operates smoothly when camera mounted. 11V to 52V of phantom power is required for operation of this condenser microphone. Often seen in interviews, field recording, and other professional broadcast applications, this stereo field recording microphone adapts to on-the-go use with ease.
Audio-Technica BP4025 X/Y Features
- Large-diaphragm capsules offer pristine sound quality and exceptionally low noise
- Innovative coincident capsule configuration produces accurate stereo image in smaller housing
- Compact, lightweight design ideal for camera-mount use
- Excellent channel separation
- Phantom power operation for use with professional equipment
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off and 10 dB pad
- Includes one balanced cable (two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output)
- BP4025 X/Y Stereo Field Recording Microphone1
- AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- S12 soft protective pouch1
- Five Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Pattern X/Y Stereo
- Frequency Response 20 Hz - 17 kHz
- Output Impedance170 ohms
- Sensitivity -32 dBV/PA (25.1 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Channel Balance <2.5 dB
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% THD
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic Range 131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 80 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements 11-52V DC, 7 mA typical (both channels total) Switches Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Cable 5 m (16.5') long, 8 conductor, shielded, vinyl-jacketed stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone end and two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end
- Connector5-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions 186 mm (7.32") long, 47.6 mm (1.87") head diameter 21 mm (0.83") body diameter
- Weight 269 g (9.5 oz)