The FlexiBooth is a full size 24" x 48" (609 x 1219 x 101mm) wall-mounted acoustic cupboard that opens up to surround the vocal talent and create a dry ‘voice-over’ zone. The innovative design separates and attenuates room ambiance from the voice recording, which then allows the engineer to add echo or reverb and equalize the voice to best suit the performance in post production.
From the outside, the FlexiBooth looks like a typical cupboard. It features an attractive black melamine finish that is easy to clean. Inside, ultra high performance 6lb per cubic foot (96 kg/m³) glass wool panels effectively absorb sound throughout the voice range. The acoustic panels are 100% encapsulated with micromesh and are covered in a tough yet attractive acoustically transparent fabric to enhance the fit and finish. Because of the heavy construction, sound attenuation is excellent.
The FlexiBooth can also be used as a variable room ambiance controller. Those that have recorded in large professional studios will be familiar with the variable acoustic panels that are often used to tailor room acoustics. For instance, a brighter more ambient room is generally preferred with acoustic instruments while a darker ambiance is often preferred for voice, electric guitars and so on. By positioning several FlexiBooths around the room, one can easily create different acoustic environments by simply opening or closing the FlexiBooth doors.
The Primacoustic FlexiBooth provides a simple yet highly effective solution for vocal recording that can adapt to any room. The FlexiBooth ships flat and assembles in minutes using common household tools.
Primacoustic FlexiBooth Features
- Creates an instant vocal booth in any room
- Full size 24" x 48" design really works
- Remarkably effective at controlling room ambience
- Easy to mount 'French-cleat' sets up in minutes
- FlexiBooth Instant Vocal Booth1
- Frame MaterialBlack melamine laminated MDF frame and doors
- Dimensions 24x48x6” (610x1219x151mm)
- Weight42.2 lbs (19.1 kg)
- Panel MaterialFormed, semi-rigid inorganic glass fibers; Density of 6.0 lbs. pcf. (96 kg/m3)
- Fabric FacingAcoustically transparent polyester (Beige or Grey available)