The Primacoustic London Bass Traps are designed to help control excessive low frequency build-up that cause room modes in studios and listening rooms. Acoustic energy naturally migrates to corners using the walls and ceiling as waveguides. This makes corner-mounting the bass trap the preferred location.
The London Bass Trap kit consists of two 24"x48" (61 x 122cm) Broadband 2" (5cm) thick absorption panels along with corner-mount Impalers, sheetrock anchors and screws. Each panel is constructed from high-density 6lb per cubic foot (96 kg/m³) glass wool with resin hardened edges and fully encapsulated with micromesh. The panel is hand wrapped with an acoustically transparent polyester fabric to create sharp, architecturally pleasing lines. Installation is just about as easy as hanging a picture! Once installed, the substantial surface area of the panel combined with the 17" deep (43cm) air cavity created in behind delivers excellent absorption throughout the audio listening range and extends well down into the low bass region. This helps reduce troublesome room modes and hot spots by attenuating standing waves making it easier to record and produce music with greater confidence.
The London Bass Trap kit is the perfect add-on to the Primacoustic London 8 and 10 room kits or may be incorporated into any room where low frequency control is needed.
Primacoustic London Bass Trap Features
- Corner-mounted for optimal performance
- Attenuates room modes to smooth response
- 17" deep cavity absorbs bass down to 100Hz
- Class-1/A fire rated for safe use in any facility
- Broadway Panels2
- Corner Impaler8
- Core MaterialFormed, semi-rigid inorganic glass fibers
- Density6 lbs. per cubic foot (96 kg/m³)
- Fabric FacingAcoustically transparent polyester tweed
- EncapsulationMicromesh on front and rear surface, resin treated edges
- Absorption H2O< 2% by weight @ 120°F (49°C), 95% relative humidity
- Temperature -20°F ~ 150°F (-29°C ~ 66°C)
- Fire Rating Class-A/1 (ASTM E 84 / CAN/UL-S102 see details below)
- Mounting Galvanized steel impalers