The PR 48 microphone contains a large vulcanized double shock-mounted diaphragm element, impervious to external vibration and noise. The PR 48 also has Heil's best rear noise rejection, and excellent (148 db) SPL handling; all housed in a solid flat black emron steel body with red screens on an adjustable swivel-mount. Heil adds passive internal low pass filters to create rises in the frequencies where the kick drum's sound benefits most. The kick beater is also represented like never before in the mix through this filtering. This is a great rock kick drum mic, but also is at home serving country, jazz, funk, blues and metal drummers with a kick drum sound that has no equal.
While some kick drum microphones judge themselves by how well they can handle EQ; how about a kick drum mic that sounds fantastic with NO EQ! As a finishing touch, the PR 48 has a 45 degree angle XLR plug to allow for easier XLR connecting during setup. The PR 48 can be purchased separately, or in the HDK drum kit series, (HDK-5, HDK-7 and HDK-8), and is available with a variety of microphone mounting options.
With the PR 48 you get the built-in metal swivel mic stand mount connected.
Heil Sound PR 48 Features
- Custom-tailored frequency response enhances low and subsonic frequencies while preserving mids and highs
- Large vulcanized double shock-mounted element
- Excellent rear noise rejection
- High SPL handling
- Passive internal low pass filters
- Designed specifically for kick drums and low-frequency instruments
- PR 48 kick drum microphone1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response30 Hz - 8.5 kHz
- Output Impedance250 ohms balanced
- Sensitivity-59 dBV/Pa
- Max SPL148 dB
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Weight20.33 oz