User-friendly and feature-packed, the SR-16™ Classic Drum Machine from Alesis is ideal for composing in the comfort of your home or studio, adding your personal touch to a live performance, or polishing the final sound in post-production. A footswitch input, flexible programming, editing functionality, and built-in rhythmic variations give you the tools you need to get started composing, customizing, and recording music right out of the box.
This drum machine comes with 233 built-in drum sounds that give you a natural drum sound. Choose from either dry or digital reverb and ambiance samples to fit the specific project you’re working on. Also included are 50 preset patterns that have been recorded by top studio drummers to give you a professional, yet genuine, effect. You’ll also find onboard rhythmic variations, (with A, B, and two Fill sections), which allow you to start composing complete arrangements and saving them as your customized patterns and songs.
The SR-16 features 12 velocity-sensitive pad buttons that boast Dynamic Articulation™. Dynamic Articulation is a feature that lets you change a drum sound’s tonal content by playing harder or softer—depending on what you need at any given moment—delivering an authentic feeling and sounding drum experience.
The SR16's MIDI implementation lets you use this drum machine in cooperation with keyboards, computers, and electronic drum kits of all sizes, making it easy for you to play along with other musicians. Get connected via 4 audio outputs (2 stereo pairs).
Alesis SR16 Features
- Complete MIDI support for use with keyboards, computers and electronic drum kits
- 233 professional sounds included
- Built-in digital effects for added realism
- Create and save your own customized patterns and songs
- SR16 Classic Drum Machine1
- Audio Outputs 4 (2 stereo pairs)
- Pads 12 velocity sensitive (w/Dynamic Articulation™)
- Sample/DAC Bit Resolution 16/18
- Sounds 233
- Sounds Accessible via Pads 12
- Sounds Accessible via MIDI 120
- Polyphony 16 voice
- Panning 7-position user programmable
- Velocity Response 8 loudness levels via pads, 127 via MIDI
- Timing Resolution 96 ppq
- Time Signature Range 1-128 beats per pattern
- Tempo Range 20-255 bpm
- Notes/Patterns/Songs 12,000/400 (200 user, 200 preset)/100
- Kits 50 user, 50 preset
- MIDI Program Change Response Kit
- Sync MIDI Clock/Song Position Pointer
- Footswitch Jacks/Functions 2; start/stop, count/A/B/fill
- Other Features Sound stacking, step editing, stereo samples with reverb and ambience
- Dynamic Articulation Modulates tone
- Power 12V DC External Transformer
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 9.25 x 1.5 x 6.5 inches
- Weight 2.5 lbs