The ST-SSR1 was designed for absolute silent switching of audio signals. It supports two balanced line-level inputs and one balanced output. Each can be used unbalanced as well. The ST-SSR1 is perfect for switching between two input signals or as a silent On/Off switch for a single channel. Performance is in keeping with the technical standards for which RDL® has become known. The user can program the module for either fast or soft switching.
The SELECT input feeds the OUTPUT when the TRIG terminal is grounded, otherwise the OUTPUT is fed by the NORMAL input.
The control current required at the TRIG terminal is so minimal (< 0.5 mA) that the ST-SSR1 can be controlled from nearly any source from switches to logic circuits.
The ST-SSR1 may be controlled using the RDL D-RC2ST or the D-RT2 remote controls.
RDL ST-SSR1 Features
- Switch Line Level Sources
- Select Between Two Balanced Lines
- Silent Audio Switching
- Switching Without Hard Relay Contacts
- Fast Switching for Audio Muting
- Selection by Open-Collector Logic
- ST-SSR1 2x1 Line-Level Audio Switch1
- Inputs (2)20 kΩ balanced, +4 dBu nominal
- Audio Output+4 dBu nominal, 150 Ω balanced, terminal block
- Switching TimeFast / Soft
- Time required for NORMAL input to turn off10 us / 5 ms
- Time required for NORMAL input to turn on15 us / 70 ms
- Time required for SELECT input to turn off15 us / 10 ms
- Time required for SELECT input to turn on20 us / 35 ms
- Control SignalTRIG terminal must be externally pulled to ground
- Control Current0.5 mA
- THD+N< 0.05%
- Frequency Response
- 15 Hz to 20 kHz (± 0.5 dB, bridging load)
- 30 Hz to 20 kHz (± 0.5 dB, 600 Ω load)
- Noise (below +4 dBu)< -80 dB (85 dB typical)
- Headroom (above +4 dBu)> 18 dB
- CMRR> 45 dB (100 Hz, either port)
- ON GainUnity (600 Ω balanced input/output)
- OFF Attenuation> 80 dB (10 Hz to 20 kHz, either input)
- Indicators (2)LED showing active input (left LED=NORMAL; right LED=SELECT)
- Ambient Operating Environment0° C to 55° C
- Power RequirementGROUND-REFERENCED, 24 Vdc @ 40 mA
- Package Dimensions2 x 2 x 4 in.
- Shipping Weight0.198 lbs.
- WEEE weight0.145 lbs.