The Catapult TX4M from Radial is a balanced audio snake that allows you to send four channels of analog audio over a standard Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable. The TX4M is ideal for splitting mic signals on stage.
More about the Catapult Series
Radial’s Catapult modules operate like a typical 4-channel audio snake, enabling you to send mic or line-level signals from one location to another without interference, noise, or signal loss—all without requiring digital audio conversion. This modular system allows you to mix and match devices to meet individual application needs.
Catapult modules use Cat 5 Ethernet cables for versatile, lightweight, and budget-friendly audio transmission. Many buildings are pre-wired for Cat 5, making Catapult ideal for contractor applications because you can put this compatibility to good use to transmit audio between different rooms. This eliminates the need for installing or purchasing bulky and expensive multi-channel audio cables; simply connect a shielded Cat 5 cable between any two Catapult modules to deliver 4 balanced audio lines to any destination.
Choose from a variety of receiver or transmitter modules from the Catapult series, using any combination of these six models, along with the compact Catapult Mini modules, to create a custom snake that addresses the unique challenges of your specific application:
- The RX4 and TX4 can be used together as a pair, creating a 4-channel audio snake
- The TX4L and RX4L have line level isolation transformers for splitting playback tracks or outputs to amp racks
- The TX4M and RX4M can be employed when splitting mic signals on stage.
Catapult modules keep their signal in the analog realm, avoiding the need for digital conversion or external operating power. A straight-wire connection from the modules’ XLR to a Cat 5’s RJ45 connector guarantees your audio signal is transmitted pristinely, without suffering from coloration or distortion.
Radial Catapult TX4M Features
- Receive 4 outs & 4 line-level isolated outs
- Send four channels of analog audio over a single Cat 5/6 cable
- Works with a building's existing cable infrastructure
- Choice of direct-wired or transformer isolated splits
- Economical Cat 5/6 cable replaces bulky multi-channel audio snakes
- Radial Catapult TX4M 4 Channel Audio Snake1
- Three Year Warranty (transferable)1
- Audio circuit type Passive splitter
- Frequency response 7Hz ~ 20KHz
- Dynamic range 140dB
- Total harmonic distortion 0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio >103dB
- Maximum Input +35dBu
- Construction 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (LxWxD) 8 1/8 x 4 1/8 x 2
- Weight 2.6 LBS
- Shipping size (LxWxD)11x5x2.75
- Shipping weight 2.9 lbs
- Power Passive, no power required
- Conditions For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C