Compact and lightweight, AIR12 active loudspeakers provide a rich, extended low-end and natural high-frequency extension in a compact, durable enclosure. Backed by 1,200W (dynamic) of Class D/Class AB power and enhanced with easy-to-use digital tuning functions, the AIR12 gives you all the power and tools you need for both mobile and installed sound.
Each type of power amplifier has advantages and disadvantages. By employing different amplifier types for each driver, AIR12 loudspeakers use the respective strengths of Class D and Class A/B amplifiers to provide optimal response throughout the speaker’s frequency range. A 500W (continuous), Class D amplifier powers the 12-inch low-frequency driver, providing efficient, clean low end when you need it. A 200W (continuous), Class AB amplifier powers the 1-inch high-frequency driver, delivering natural sounding high-frequency reproduction. The combination provides up to 123 dB SPL between 51 Hz and 20 kHz.
PreSonus designed AIR loudspeakers utilizing a Class A/B amplifier for the high-frequency transducer and a Class D amplifier for the low-frequency transducer. The Class A/B amplifier used in PreSonus AIR loudspeakers is pure analog, with the “always on” driving characteristic of Class A/B amplifier topology. Therefore, the impulse response filtering necessary to tune an AIR loudspeaker is simplified and has less effect on the natural sound of the AIR12’s well-designed cone driver and compression driver. To describe the design, the engineering staff at PreSonus used the term “Advanced Impulse Response” (AIR). The term represents the “airy” sound of the high-frequency components, as well as the simplified IR filters needed to voice the loudspeaker system.
The AIR12 loudspeaker is equipped with a signal processor that simplifies customizing your loudspeakers. Presets customize the AIR12’s response for use as front-of-house mains; as monitor wedges; for music playback (e.g., for DJs); for enhanced low end and a warmer sound; and for improved speech intelligibility. Treble and bass controls let you boost or cut by 10dB to compensate for room anomalies. Location presets let you optimize performance for stand and bracket mounting as well as flown installations.
AIR-series full-range loudspeakers offer a choice of inputs so you can use them with a variety of sources. You get two combo XLR mic/TRS line inputs, each with a Class A microphone preamplifier and independent gain control. A stereo 1/8” connection admits signals from smartphones, tablets, and other consumer audio devices. These signals can be combined with the AIR12’s internal mixer, and a balanced XLR Mix output lets you send pass the signals to other AIR-series loudspeakers.
PreSonus AIR12 Features
- Hybrid 1,200W (peak) power amp configuration: low-frequency driver (900W, Class D amplifier), high-frequency driver (300W, Class A/B amplifier)
- Maximum SPL 123dB peak
- Onboard DSP presets for front of house, DJ, and monitor applications
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and 1/4" inputs and one summed balanced output
- Ideal for mobile sound reinforcement, corporate events, and floor monitor use
- AIR12 12" 2-way active speaker1
- Power cord1
- Typeactive 2-way
- Driver: 12" (2.5" voice coil)
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Driver: 1.35" compression
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Total System Power1200W peak (600W RMS)
- LF Driver Power900W peak (450W RMS)
- HF Driver Power300W peak (150W RMS)
- Frequency Range51Hz - 20,000Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Max. Peak SPL123 dB
- Nominal Dispersion (HxV)90° x 60°
- 2 x XLR/TRS mic/line combo
- 1 x 1/8" TRS stereo
- Outputs1 x XLR Mix Out
- DSP FeaturesLCD screen with EQ and multiple presets
- EnclosureH-PP Molded
- Flypoints2 top, 1 back
- Mountingdual-position pole mount (0°, 7.5°)
- Handles1 top, 1 side
- Dimensions (HxWxD)24" x 14.2" x 13.8"
- Weight37.5 pounds