The ST-NG1 is the ideal choice where random white or pink noise is needed. It is suitable either as a reference noise source for audio measurements or as a masking noise source in engineered sound or counter-intelligence applications.
Amplitude limiting circuitry in the ST-NG1 controls extreme peak excursions while preserving random variations of at least 20 dB. The noise generating circuitry in the ST-NG1 is truly random analog noise occupying the full bandwidth from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. This makes the ST-NG1 ideal in masking environments where secure, random noise is required. Unlike the typical digitally generated pseudo-random noise generators which can be decoded and removed by effective intelligence equipment, the ST-NG1 produces no repetitive frequency or amplitude pattern.
Wherever white or pink noise signals are needed, the ST-NG1 is the ideal choice. Use the ST-NG1 individually, or combine it with other RDL® products as part of a complete audio/video system.
Mounting the ST-NG1 in an STS-RF1 shielded chassis is recommended in installations where excessive rf interference levels are anticipated from sources such as WIFI transmitters.
RDL ST-NG1 Features
- Random Noise Source
- Masking Noise Sources
- Pink Noise
- White Noise
- Mic and/or Line Level Noise Signals
- ST-NG1 White and Pink Noise Generator1
- Outputs (each source)
- +4 dBu balanced line-level
- -45 dBu balanced mic-level
- Output Level
- OFF to +8 dBu (line-level output adjustable)
- Off to -40 dBu (mic-level output)
- Spectral DistributionWhite and Pink
- Noise Band20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Ambient Operating Environment0° C to 55° C
- Power RequirementGROUND-REFERENCED 24 Vdc @ 30 mA
- Package Dimensions2 x 2 x 4 in.
- Shipping Weight0.205 lbs.
- WEEE weight0.15 lbs.