The EMX5 mixer from Yamaha is powerful yet highly efficient with a power amplifier of 2x 630W. Power consumption may be low, but amps are capable of very high volume output and remain lightweight, contributing to the portable design of the mixer. The EMX5 offers comprehensive effects, 1-Knob Master EQ™, and a built-in feedback suppressor.
Unique to the EMX5 is the 1-Knob Master EQ™ feature. Apply optimal EQ settings by turning the knob to Speech, Music, and Bass Boost settings.
More about the EMX Series
If sound quality and user-friendliness are your top two concerns, Yamaha’s EMX mixers are a perfect sound solution. The EMX5 and EMX7 were specifically designed for musicians, performers, and public speakers looking for next-level sound reinforcement with premium sound quality and convenient operation.
The ultimate in convenience, all that you need for a full sound system with the EMX series is speakers and a microphone. Equipped with those tools you can mix, process, and deliver audio exactly how you want wherever you want.
Although all you need to add to an EMX mixer for a fully functioning sound system is speakers and one microphone, one EMX allows up to 8 microphones from 4 mono/stereo input channels. Line-level devices (like keyboards and portable playback devices) can be connected to each channel as well. For guitars and basses, use channel 4 with Hi-Z inputs. Other connections can be used for monitoring systems, external effect devices, external recorders, and more.
A powerful and well-equipped DSP section provides 24 different effects similar to Yamaha’s renowned SPX effect processor. Use these for things like adding reverb and delay effects to imitate the sound of different performance spaces.
EMX mixers offer several tools to ensure premium sound quality even in the face of technical difficulties. Features include Onboard Feedback Suppressor, 3-band Equalizer Control, 1-knob COMP, and more.
The EMX mixers have an intuitive layout that makes them easy to use, especially for users with a basic understanding of sound reinforcement. Setup is quick and can be tailored to your space too: the enclosure design supports various vertical or horizontal placements.
Bring your audio just about anywhere you go: the EMX mixers are robust and portable with an impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis perfect for extended operation and being on the road. Not only are the mixers lightweight, but they also have large handles on the front and back, easing some of your heavy lifting. These handles also protect knobs and terminals on the mixer as it’s moved.
Yamaha EMX5 Features
- Powerful and high efficiency Class-D amplifier
- 12 line inputs (8 mono + 4 stereo)
- Hi-Z input (channel 4)
- 1-Knob Master EQ™
- Onboard feedback suppressor
- Comprehensive, professional effects and signal processing
- Metal chassis with large handles for robust and extremely portable design
- Universal power supply
- Complete range of input and output channels
- 3-band equalizer control
- 1-knob COMP
- Flexible speaker connectivity
- Easy setup, easy operation
- EMX5 powered mixer1
- AC power cord (8.2 ft)1
- Inputs: 12 channels total (8 mono mic/line, 4 stereo line)
- Phantom power: +48V
- Outputs: SPEAKERS [A, B], AUX1 SEND, AUX2 SEND, STEREO OUT [L, R], REC OUT [L, R]
- Foot switch control: effect mute on/off
- Stereo: 1
- Aux: 2 (including FX)
- Input channel function
- Pad: 30dB (CH1-4)
- Hi-Z: supported (CH4)
- HPF: 80Hz, -12dB/oct (CH1-3)
- COMP: 1-knob COMP (CH1-4)
- EQ High: 10kHz +15dB / -15dB (shelving)
- EQ Mid: 2.5kHz +15dB / -15dB (peaking)
- EQ Low: 100Hz +15dB / -15dB (shelving)
- On-board DSPSPX Algorithm 24 programs, Feedback suppressor, Master EQ, Monitor EQ
- On-board amplifiers
- Max output power @4ohms: 630W + 630W (1kHz THD+N less than 10%); 500W + 500W (1kHz THD+N less than 1%)
- Max output power @8ohms: 460W + 460W (1kHz THD+N less than 10%); 370W + 370W (1kHz THD+N less than 1%)
- Level meter2 x 7 points LED meter (-20, -10, -6, 0, +6, +10, PEAK)
- Frequency response40Hz to 20kHz (input to speakers); 20Hz to 20kHz (input to stereo out, aux1 send, aux2 send)
- Equivalent input noise-117dBu
- Crosstalk-85dB (1 kHz, Measured with 1 kHz band pass filter)
- Power requirementsAC 100-240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption42W (idle), 210W (1/8 power)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)18.3" x 12.1" x 12.8"
- Weight20.9 pounds (9.5 kg)