The Saramonic CamMic+ is a lightweight yet durably built, AA-battery powered shotgun microphone that delivers clear, broadcast-quality sound to DSLR, mirrorless, video cameras and mobile devices. Its directional pickup pattern excels at capturing sounds in front of the mic, while rejecting sounds to the sides and rear. It’s a premium quality microphone with impressively quality construction at an affordable price that’s incredibly easy to use, and it can be used with a wide variety of cameras and mobile devices.
A stand out feature of the CamMic+ design is the unique microphone shockmount. The wiry shockmounts on some competing microphones are flimsy and prone to bending, this can cause some unwanted audio issues and change the way the microphone picks up sound. The integrated shockmount of CamMic+ is robust and features a sleek, sweeping and stable design.
A dual layered uniquely designed bullet like windscreen is included, giving the CamMic+ its unique and interesting look. It features a sturdy gasket which aids in blocking wind noise, helps to protect the microphone from things like weather and dust, and keeps it securely fastened in place while on the go.The output cable of the CamMic+ is removable. An 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS cable for connecting to cameras is included, in addition to a 1/8" (3.5mm) TRRS cable for connecting to smartphones and tablets. On the back of the mic there is a 3-position switch for OFF, ON, and an 80Hz high-pass filter that enables you to eliminate unwanted rumble sounds and make dialog more intelligible when shooting in noisy environments. A built-in camera shoe-mount features a metal 1/4 20 tripod thread at the base that gives you near limitless mounting options.
Powered by a single AA battery, the CamMic+ is the ideal choice for cameras that don’t provide plug-in power. Allowing you to shoot for days without replacing the battery. For those filmmakers worried about conserving as much camera/mobile device power as possible, the CamMic+ would be the mic of choice. There is also a Blue LED indicator light that will illuminate when the mic is on and turn red when your battery needs to be replaced.
Saramonic CamMic+ Features
- Provides clear, broadcast-quality sound to DSLR, Mirrorless and Video Cameras or Smartphones and Tablets
- AA Battery-powered for cameras that lack plug-in-power or to save camera battery life
- Easy-to-use with plug-and-play operation. Includes two output cables: one for cameras, one for mobile devices
- Sleek camera-mountable design that is lightweight and compact, yet features an impressively solid construction
- Double thickness windscreen and low-cut filter improves intelligibility of dialog in any situation
- Shotgun microphone with integrated shockmount1
- Fitted double-thickness foam windscreen1
- Short coiled 1/8" TRS to 1/8" TRS output cable with gold-plated right-angle connectors1
- Short coiled 1/8" TRS to 1/8" TRRS output cable with gold-plated connector for mobile devices1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range40 Hz - 10 kHz
- Output impedance200ohm
- Sensitivity-45 ±3dB (0dB = 1V/Pa, @ 1kHz)
- Max input SPLf=1kHz, THD<5% (106dB)
- Signal to noise ratio80dB SPL
- Power requirementsone AA battery (not included)
- Weight3.77 oz (107 g)
- Dimensions6.47" x 2.12" x 3.29"