The Saramonic SmartMic+ is an ultra-lightweight and compact directional microphone that plugs directly into the headphone jack on smartphones and tablets to vastly improve the sound quality of the videos you shoot and the audio you capture. The directional pickup pattern excels at focusing on the sounds in front of it, while rejecting sounds to the sides and rear. Producing audio that is intelligible and clear, even in busy environments.
Using the SmartMic+ couldn’t be easier. You simply plug it into your mobile device with its gold-plated TRRS connector and start creating. There are no batteries to install or charge, and there are no levels to set. It’s truly plug-and-play. A gold-plated headphone jack on the back enables you to easily listen to your audio without needing to remove the SmartMic+. You can also listen to the sound as you record, but this capability needs to be supported by the app you’re using.
A snug-fitting foam windscreen is included that won’t accidentally fall off when in use or transit. SmartMic+ can be positioned both facing forward, when using the selfie camera on your device or facing outward, when taking advantage of your device’s high-end camera. A small bracket prevents it from turning away when plugged in. It captures audio that is rich and detailed, but the unit itself is ultra-compact, small enough to fit in your pocket and weighs only 40 grams, so you can easily bring it with you everywhere you go. The SmartMic+ is also rugged, made with durable metal, so you can rest assured that it’s well equipped for your adventures.
Saramonic SmartMic+ Compact Features
- Provides broadcast-quality sound to smartphones and tablets by plugging into your mobile device’s headphone socket when shooting video, recording audio, live-streaming, vlogging, podcasting and more
- Lightweight and ultra-portable yet rugged, durable metal microphone that provides simple plug-and-play usage, never requires batteries or charging
- 1/8” (3.5mm) Headphone jack for real-time monitoring while making recordings (app dependent) and listening to playback without removing microphone
- Directional pickup pattern clearly captures sounds in front of the mic while rejecting sounds to the sides and rear and can be positioned facing forward when using the selfie camera, or facing outward
- SmartMic+ Compact Directional Microphone with TRRS Connector1
- Snug-fitting foam windscreen1
- Small built-in bracket1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range 75 Hz - 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio75 dB SPL
- Sensitivity -35±3dB(0dB=1V/Pa at 1KHz)
- Maximum Input S.P.Lf= 1kHz, THD<5% (105 dB)
- Output Impedance600 Ohm
- Signal to Noise Ratio40g
- Weight 6m/20 ft