The Zoom F-Control is an essential piece of gear for everyone who uses an F8 or F4 Multitrack Field Recorder. With F-Control, you can have total command of your recording experience.
F-Control is a mixing control surface that gives filmmakers more control and flexibility when recording in the field. It works alongside the Zoom F8 and F4 to create a complete and professional on-location audio rig.
F-Control makes recording and mixing easy with nine 60 mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, track arming, and PFL. Monitoring channel and output levels is simple with 12-segment LED meters, three user-programmable buttons, and a dedicated time code button.
You can also organize recordings using the Track Scene edit buttons for metadata entry. F-Control gives you the option to connect an external USB keyboard so you can enter information for “Track Name”, “Scene Increment”, “Scene Name”, “Notes”, and “False Take.”
F-Control has two main power options: four AA batteries (for up to 9 hours of operation) or power it with a 4-pin HIROSE connector with an external battery pack. An additional USB bus power option is available when using the F4 (not available with the F8).
Its metal chassis makes F-Control suitable for all production locations. Plus, the F-Control is small and light enough to fit into your gear bag or backpack, so you can take it on any shoot.
Zoom FRC-8 Features
- Works with F8n and F6
- Connect to F8 or F4 via 2 USB ports
- 9 faders (eight + Master), each 60mm
- 1/4" Headphone jack
- Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming
- 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels
- Dedicated time code buttons
- Track Scene edit buttons
- Can be powered with 4 AA batteries, or 4-pin HIROSE connector with external battery pack
- F-Control (FRC-8)1
- 1.5m stereo cable1
- 1.5m USB cable1
- AA batteries4
- Connector to F SeriesUSB Type A
- Connector to keyboardUSB Type A
- Connector from F-Series headphone1/4" unbalanced stereo phone
- Connector 9-16V DC inHIROSE 4-pin connector
- Power consumption2.5 W
- Run time with included batteries8.5 hours
- Run time with NiMH batteries12 hours
- Run time with Lithium batteries16.5 hours