The General Purpose I/O Interface (GPIO) from Allen & Heath is an all-purpose network device that enables third-party hardware integration to a dLive, Avantis, or AHM system. The GPIO provides 8 opto-isolated inputs and 8 normally open (N/O) relay outputs on Phoenix connectors, as well as 2x +10V DC outputs. This interface is a great choice for several types of applications, from EVAC (alarm/system mute), broadcast (on-air lights, fader start logic), theater automation (curtains, lights), and much more.
Effortlessly incorporate the GPIO in any size or style of setup. The unit can be operated free-standing on a desktop or tabletop. For more permanent setups, it can be installed in a 19” rack (1U height, one-half width) using optional mounting accessories (sold separately). Use a single Cat5 cable to connect up to 8 GPIO modules to a dLive system directly, or via a 100Mb/s network switch.
The GPIO’s input and output functions are software-assignable using AHM System Manager, dLive Director software (PC or Mac), or via an Avantis mixer or dLive Surface. This interface features a built-in power supply that accepts 12V DC, as well as PoE-compliant (IEEE 802.3af-2003), enabling you to power the interface via a network port from an external switch or PoE injector.
NOTE: GPIO requires dLive firmware V1.6 or higher.
Allen & Heath GPIO Features
- Up to 8 networked GPIO units can be added to a dLive/Avantis system
- Networked Cat5 connection to Avantis mixer, dLive MixRack or Surface (<100m)
- 8 opto-isolated inputs
- 8 normally open (N/O) relay outputs, one of them configurable to Normally Closed output (N/C)
- Industry standard Phoenix connectors
- Freestanding or rack-mount (1u / 1/2 Width) operation PoE (IEEE 802.3af-2003) compliant
- IO parameters configured via Avantis mixer, or dLive Surface or Director
- 2 10V outputs (500mA max)
- GPIO General Purpose I/O Interface1
- Relay Output Max Voltage: 24V
- Relay Output Max Current: 400mA
- Input: Switched to ground
- External Power Output: +10VDC / 500mA max
- Operating Temperature Range: 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C)
- Power Supply: 12V DC via external PSU (1A max) or PoE (IEEE 802.3af-2003) (0.9A max)
- Dimensions and Weight (W x D x H)
- Unboxed: 6.75 x 8 x 1.7 inches, 2.7 lbs (171 x 203 x 43 mm , 1.2kg)
- Boxed: 14.25 x 12 x 3.5 inches, 6.6 lbs (360 x 306 x 88 mm, 3kg)