The A131 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone is a great area mic for podcasting, professional audio production, studio production and live stage performances. Housed in a precision-machined aluminum body, the 33 mm fixed-charge microphone capsule features a gold-sputtered diaphragm for wide, natural frequency response. With its well-behaved cardioid polar pattern, the A131 condenser microphone consistently captures the detail of the performance while rejecting room noises and other unwanted, off-axis sounds.
A double woven steel mesh grille and ultra-thin acoustic foam offer exceptional pop resistance for podcasting and vocals. Behind the grille, the open-air design of the capsule mounting system allows the A131 condenser mic to deliver transparent, uncolored sound. Proprietary impedance control between the mic capsule and circuitry ensures consistent and reliable performance across a wide range of environments.
A unique and highly effective internal shock mount isolates the mic capsule from mechanical vibrations and touch noise, eliminating the need for a bulky external shock mount. Offering studio performance in a road-worthy package, the A131 condenser microphone also comes with a protective zippered carrying case.
Requires 48-52 V phantom power. For best results, the A131 condenser mic should be used with a high-quality mic preamplifier and microphone cable.
Audix A131 Features
- Large 33 mm condenser capsule
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Proprietary internal shock mount
- Low noise preamp circuitry
- Designed, machined & tested in the USA
- Great for vocals, choir, voiceover, podcasting, piano, acoustic instruments, drum overheads and more
- A131 Microphone1
- Protective zippered carrying case1
- DCLIP Heavy-duty nylon molded snap-on clip1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance150 ohms
- Sensitivity23 mV / Pa @ 1 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio84 dB
- Maximum SPL140 dB
- Dynamic Range130 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level10 dBA
- Operating Voltage48 V (± 4 V) Phantom
- Connector3-pin XLR m
- Materials / Finish
- Body: Machined aluminum
- Grille: Steel alloy
- Weight 280 g / 10 oz