Get the connections you need to integrate your Pro Tools | HD system into any post-production or broadcast environment. Pro Tools | HD MADI is a versatile, all-digital interface that provides 64 channels of MADI I/O. And with its new lower price, it’s even easier to integrate than ever. Get hassle-free operation with built-in sample rate conversion. Maintain maximum audio fidelity with 192 kHz sample rate support. And transmit audio between your Pro Tools rig and MADI devices up to 2 km (1.24 miles) away—without signal degradation. It's your perfect solution for the long haul.
Open your workflow
MADI is an open communications protocol commonly used in broadcast, post-production, and live sound environments. That's because the technology enables more audio streams per unit, saving a ton of wiring and added interface expense. With HD MADI, you can easily add MADI devices directly to your recording setup and integrate your Pro Tools | HD system into any of these environments, opening up a whole new world of opportunities.
Go the distance
Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between your Pro Tools rig and MADI devices using two cables (optical or coaxial), making routing simple and clean. You can even send audio to redundant systems without a splitter. With 56- and 64-channel modes, you can connect to a wider variety of MADI devices. What’s more, you can reliably transmit audio to and from devices 2 km away over fiber optic—without signal degradation.
Get fuss-free operation
With high-quality, real-time sample rate conversion on all inputs or outputs, you can stream in audio at any sample rate, and HD MADI will automatically convert it to your current Pro Tools session rate. Or stream out audio without having to up-convert or down-convert signals externally. Plus, you'll maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support.
Gain full I/O control
Like all Pro Tools | HD Series interfaces, HD MADI tightly integrates into any Pro Tools | HDX or HD Native workflow. That integration extends down into the software too, enabling you to gain complete control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from the Pro Tools | Ultimate software interface. No matter how hard you push it, you can expect maximum performance and reliability every time.
Avid Pro Tools | HD MADI Features
- 2 MADI Optical and Coaxial inputs and 2 MADI Optical and Coaxial outputs for up to
- 64 discrete channels of digital input and output (32 channels per DigiLink Mini port)
- Supports sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- 24- or 16-bit resolution
- Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) on input or output
- Front panel clock and SRC indicators
- Front panel signal present LEDs for input and output
- BNC Word Clock I/O for synchronizing HD MADI with external 1x Word Clock
- BNC Loop Sync I/O for synchronizing HD MADI with additional Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces and peripherals (such as HD I/O, HD OMNI, or SYNC HD)
- Dedicated BNC Word Clock input and XLR AES/EBU input (clock input only) for external MADI synchronization (when using SRC on output)
- Clock support for the following formats: Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, AES/EBU, and MADI
- Varispeed modes (supports both 64- and 56-channel standards)
- Pro Tools | HD MADI 64-Channel Digital Interface1
- AC power cable1
- DigiLink Mini cables (12 ft.)2
- DigiLink Mini to DigiLink adapter cables (1 ft.)2
- BNC cables (2 ft.)2
- Rubber adhesive feet4
- Rack screws and washers 4
- HD MADI Guide1
- Health and Safety Guide1
- Registration Information Card1