The SGM-250’s newly designed microphone element drastically improves performance in sensitivity, frequency response and signal to noise ratio. The brass alloy, all-metal case provides rugged durability and strong resistance to RF. The microphone’s uniquely designed, slotted, acoustic barrel exhibits excellent super-cardioid directionality and side noise rejection.
The SGM-250 can be powered by battery or phantom power with no perceivable loss in performance between the two, providing the user with maximum flexibility without compromise. No need to remove the battery in order to switch to phantom power; just flip the easily accessible switch on the microphone’s body. A convenient LED light is also provided to let you know if the battery is good or needs replacing soon.
Even the microphone’s low-cut filter is a point of improvement: set at a higher cut-off frequency than most other microphones, and a more gradual roll-off, it produces a much more natural sounding reduction in low frequency response.
Measuring 250mm in length (about 10 inches) the SGM-250 is suitable for almost any filming situation. Long enough to capture great sound from a distance while mounted to a boom pole or on top of a shoulder cam, its still unobtrusive enough to be used on compact DSLR cameras.
Azden SGM-250 Features
- High sensitivity, low-noise condenser microphone element
- Wide frequency response for accurate audio capture
- Supercardioid polar pattern for rejecting side noise
- Powered by P48 phantom power
- Option to power by AA battery without sacrificing performance
- LED battery indicator
- Low-cut filter
- All metal case for resistance to RF and durability
- Leatherette zippered carrying pouch1
- Foam windscreen1
- Shock-mount holder1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance120Ω (at 1kHz)
- Low-Cut FilterSelectable @160Hz, 3dB/Oct
- Dynamic Range115dB 48V phantom / 110dB battery
- Sensitivity-38dB at 1kHz (0dB = 1V/Pa)
- Max Input SPL132dB 48V phantom / 127dB battery (1kHz at 1% T.H.D.)
- S/N Ratio77dB (1kHz at 1Pa)
- Power Requirement11-52V Phantom or AA battery
- Output3-pin XLR
- Dimensions250x21mm (9.84x0.83") (Length x Diameter)
- Weight160 g (5.65 oz)