Add the HyperDeck Extreme Control to your HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR to build a fast professional deck solution.
The HyperDeck Extreme Control works like a traditional broadcast deck, even with a familiar layout. Built-in editor can be used for automating the ingest of legacy videotape based programming. Complete with transport control buttons, timecode, deck status, plus a large search dial with electronic clutch for jog, shuttle and positioning. RS-422 ensures compatibility with most decks and you can edit between different video standards.
Deck to deck editing is possible with the built-in editor. The controller can operate the HyperDeck recorder and legacy broadcast deck from the same front panel. This allows the control to cue and play the broadcast deck while the HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR records.
Two rows of buttons on the top of the control have 8 buttons for recorder selection, 8 buttons for player selection. Built-in remote control router allows multi deck work with 8 ports to control up to 8 HyperDecks.
Design is a blend of traditional decks and the HyperDeck Extreme. Buttons are available for rewind, fast forward, stop, play, record, eject, input, plus a pre-roll button for cueing the tape. Premium search dial for jog and shuttle and an electronic clutch stops the knob at the end of the shuttle travel or allows free spinning when in jog. Full deck status is included and timecode is clearly displayed.
To edit select the IN or OUT buttons and the ENTRY button simultaneously. Edit points can be trimmed. Pre-roll button is included to instantly cue decks to five seconds before the IN point.
Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Extreme Control Features
- Power supply not included - requires IEC cable
- Add to HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR
- Automate editing between tape and HyperDeck
- Control up to 8 broadcast decks
- Familiar broadcast VTR style design
- Premium search dial for jog and shuttle
- Full timecode display and deck status
- Flexible in and out point entry for editing
- Pre-roll edits to cue decks
- HyperDeck Extreme Control1
- Welcome wallet with QR code for software download1
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- Deck Control Outputs: 8 x RS-422
- Reference Input: Tri-Sync or Black Burst
- Reference Output: Follows reference input
- Ethernet: 1Gb/s
- Computer Interface: 1 x USB-C for software updates
- Supported Protocols
- Control Protocols: Sony
- Internal Software Upgrade: Loaded at system start, or via Blackmagic HyperDeck Setup using USB port
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.14 Mojave
- Mac 10.15 Catalina or later
- Windows 8.1 and 10
- Displays8 digit, 7 segment LED timecode display
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply
- 1 x Internal 100 - 240V AC
- 1 x 4 pin XLR 12V DC IN for external power or battery use
- Power Usage: 20W max
- Power Supply
- Physical Installation3 rack units height, half rack width
- Physical Specifications
- Dimensions (H x D x W): 5.14 x 8.28 x 13.83 inches
- Weight: 3.53 lbs
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32°to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing