Power supply not included - requires IEC cable.
Blackmagic Design’s SmartView 4K 2 is an Ultra HD broadcast monitor ideally suited for professional use in broadcast newsrooms, film and TV sets, or news vans. SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60 are all supported. Multi rate 12G-SDI inputs detect the format and automatically switch over. The monitor screen is a bright LCD with a 3840 x 2160 resolution and wide viewing angle. Popular features include 3D LUTs, adjustable on screen markers, H/V delay, blue only and more. You’ll get a lot of use out of this monitor with its 12G-SDI design that makes it ready to face the future.
Connected video formats are automatically deinterlaced and scaled to the monitor screen’s resolution by the built-in Teranex processor. This creates visually transparent, artifact free scaling for high quality and smooth view.
Easily access 3D LUTs, H/V delay, and blue only from the control panel on the front of the monitor. The front panel provides the easiest access, but for increased convenience, remote control is supported. Remote control uses rear mounted Ethernet connection with loop output, and the included software.
H/V delay – a favorite feature of traditional analog monitors – is included and improved in the SmartView 4K 2. With H/V delay, broadcast engineers can shift the monitor image to view data and signals such as embedded audio data, subtitles, and VITC in horizontal and vertical blanking.
The SmartView 4K 2 has universal AC power and 12V DC power inputs, so it can be battery-powered or plugged into standard AC mains power. A SMPTE compatible optical fiber SDI socket lets you add an optical fiber SDI module to run optical fiber direct to the monitor without converters.
Machined metal design is durable and with a 6 rack unit size, there are a variety of installation uses. Metal internal chassis permits VESA mounting points on the back of the monitor for rack mounting, or mounting to articulated arms.
Blackmagic Design SmartView 4K 2 Features
- Large, bright 15.6" native Ultra HD resolution LCD rack mount monitor
- Multi rate dual 12G-SDI connections, automatically detect and switch to SD, HD and up to 2160p60 Ultra HD formats
- 3D LUTs, adjustable on screen markers, H/V delay and blue only
- Control via front panel or remotely
- Optical fiber SDI module socket for adding a SMPTE compatible optical fiber module
- Rack mount and VESA mount points allowing rack or non rack installation
- Can be battery operated or AC mains powered
- SmartView 4K 21
- QR code for software download1
- SDI Video Input: 2 SDI inputs automatically switch between SD, HD, 3G, 6G and 12G-SDI. Relocked video output.
- Optical Video Input: SFP Optical Fiber connector cage
- SDI Video Output: Automatically switches to input selection
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of 4K, 2K, HD or standard definition inputs
- Updates and Configuration: USB
- Ethernet: Gigabit ethernet with loop through
- Tally: 9-pin D connector
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i25 PAL
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p47.95, 1080p48, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Format Support
- 2Kp23.98 DCI, 2Kp24 DCI, 2Kp25 DCI, 2Kp29.97 DCI, 2Kp30 DCI, 2Kp47.95 DCI, 2Kp48 DCI, 2Kp50 DCI, 2Kp59.94 DCI, 2Kp60 DCI
- 2KPsF23.98, 2KPsF24, 2KPsF25, 2KPsF29.97, 2KPsF30
- Ultra HD Format Support
- 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p47.95, 2160p48, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60
- 4K Format Support
- 4Kp23.98 DCI, 4Kp24 DCI, 4Kp25 DCI, 4Kp29.97 DCI, 4Kp30 DCI, 4Kp47.95 DCI, 4Kp48 DCI, 4Kp50 DCI, 4Kp59.94 DCI, 4Kp60 DCI
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M Level A and B, SMPTE 425M, SMPTE 2082
- SDI Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- SDI Auto Switching: automatically selects between SD, HD, 3G, 6G and 12G-SDI
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Interal Software Upgrade: via included firmware updater software
- Settings Control: via USB or Ethernet
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Display Element: 15.6" TFT Active Matrix LCD
- Display Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Response: 25 ms
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Color Depth: 16.7 million colors
- Power Supplybuilt-in IEC 100 - 240V AC power supply, plus DC input jack for external power
- Power Consumption24 W
- Operating Temperature32°F to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature-4°F to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Relative Humidity0% to 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions18.98" x 10.47" x 2.75"
- Weight7.94 pounds