The Earthworks QTC40 eliminates the gap between form and functionality, revealing levels of realism you didn’t think possible. From the rich, mid lows to the clear, luscious highs, sacrifices in sound are a thing of the past with the QTC40 condenser.
Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
With an extended 3Hz – 40kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound.
With an SPL rating of 140dB, the QTC40 has plenty of headroom. And with no proximity effect, you can get it as close as you want to the sound source.
In audio, our perception of what feels real and natural is incredibly sensitive to resolution in the time domain. In particular, the level of detail present in the initial transient is responsible for much of our sense of content, meaning, and frequency balance. This includes defining attributes like “timbre”, “texture”, and “air”. Earthworks’ blazingly fast technology ensures that every performance sounds like life.
Earthworks QTC40mp Features
- Meets the gap between form and functionality
- Near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern
- Extended flat frequency response (3Hz - 40kHz)
- 140dB SPL rating leaves plenty of headroom
- QTC40mp omni condenser microphone2
- Frequency Response3Hz - 40,000Hz ±1dB
- Polar Patternomnidirectional
- Sensitivity34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Peak Acoustic Input140dB SPL
- OutputXLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min. Output Load600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Self Noise20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions (LxD)9" x 0.86"
- Weight0.5 pounds