The Electro-Voice ® EVID C8.2HC is an 8" coaxial transducer featuring an innovative waveguide (patent pending) that provides directivity control to 1 kHz. It provides much better music fidelity and speech intelligibility in spaces with high ceiling heights than typical flush units are capable of. Its 75° coverage pattern provides the same coverage area when used in a 21’ ceiling as a typical flush mount mounted unit in an 8’ ceiling.
The C8.2HC utilizes a transformer that offers a selection of 7.5 (70-V only), 15, 30, or 60 watts delivered to the loudspeaker system using either 70-V or 100-V lines, or 8-ohm bypass. Selection is via a convenient switch on the front of the waveguide.
More about EVID Speakers
Create an immersive audio experience, no matter what your environment. The Electro-Voice Innovative Design (EVID) family is a comprehensive line of commercial loudspeaker solutions. Comprised of surface-mount, ceiling-mount, pendant-mount, and flush-mount models, EVID offers a selection of speakers that are the perfect acoustic and aesthetic fit for spaces of any size or shape, both indoors and outdoors.
Combining high power and high performance, EVID is the superior solution to today's installation needs. Mix and match EVID options to meet the specific needs of any application, achieving superior sound quality, consistent visual impact, professional-caliber features, and more—all at a competitive price point.
EVID is designed to meet the demands of professional contractors while keeping listener experience a priority. Each model combines simple installation with premium audio performance, excellent value, low-profile visual impact, and robust reliability. The EVID line works well for providing background music and paging, making them a great choice for restaurants, retail, hospitality, houses of worship, office and commercial buildings, entertainment centers, and other venues. Their outdoor-rated options are an ideal addition to spaces like patios or pools.
Achieve superior sound solutions with speakers that blend unobtrusively into your environment. EVID’s premium ceiling speakers are versatile solutions that deliver high-quality audio even in the most challenging environments. Great for contractor installations, EVID ceiling speakers provide pristine clarity, expansive coverage, rugged reliability, and time-saving features. Choose from a wide range of options to fit your specific venue’s size and shape. Each ceiling speaker model is equipped to meet specific needs across a range of applications. Mix and match from a product lineup including coaxial, high-ceiling, low-profile, pendant, premium high-performance, shallow-can, and subwoofer models.
Electro-Voice EVID C8.2HC (Pair) Features
- Maximum fidelity and intelligibility for high ceilings
- Low-profile for rich sound in tight spaces
- Ported enclosure for extended bass response
- Waveguide-coupled 1-inch titanium-coated tweeter
- Full-bandwidth overload protection
- Integrated transformer for 70 V, 100 V, or 8 O use
- Front-panel mode/wattage selector
- Safe, easy installation with included tile bridge and mounting ring
- White semi-gloss perforated grille
- Complete package, requires no additional accessories
- EVID C8.2HC 8" 2-way coaxial ceiling speaker2
- Tile bridge2
- Backing plate support2
- Cutout template1
- Paint shield2
- Frequency Response (-10 dB)50Hz - 20,000Hz
- Coverage (conical)75° nominal above 1kHz
- Power Handling75W cont / 300W peak
- Sensitivity (SPL 1W/1m)93 dB
- Max. Calculated SPL112 dB cont / 118 dB peak
- Impedance8 Ω nominal (transformer bypass)
- Networknetwork and transducers protected, 12 dB/oct 2.6kHz
- LF Transducer8" polypropylene cone in waveguide
- HF Transducer1" ti mylar laminate
- Transformer Taps
- 70V: 7.5, 15, 30, or 60W
- 100V: 15, 30, or 60W
- Bypass: 8 Ω
- ConnectorsPhoenix type removable, with screw terminals and "loop-thru", accepts 12 ga wire
- Enclosure Material
- Baffle: UL 94V-O rated ABS
- Backcan: zinc plated steel
- Grilleperforated powder coated steel with safety tether
- Support Hardwaretile bridge, backing plate support, cutout template, paint shield
- Height: 11.9"
- Diameter: 12.6"
- Cutout Size: 12.63"
- Weight13.2 pounds