The RE520 is a premium-grade, high-performance, condenser supercardioid vocal microphone. Designed to reveal the exceptional detail and vivid clarity synonymous with condenser elements, it elegantly delivers the lyrical finesse required for expressive vocal performances, while controlling off-axis sound from near-by sources.
The sonic signature is detailed, full and vivid, with a warm and clear low end, natural and present midrange, and an open, crisp and detailed high end.
The supercardioid pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation. Maximum feedback rejection occurs when a stage monitor position is at either 225° or 125° offaxis to the element. This pattern also allows for a cleaner mix due to its rejection of off-axis sound. The multi-stage pop filter consists of two layers of dense foam separated by air, which attenuates wind velocity caused by breath and windblasts.
The high-pass filter has two positions (see drawing). The flat position delivers the full frequency band pass of the capsule. The high-pass position attenuates frequencies below 150 Hz.
The internal shock mount isolates the microphone element from vibration and guards against handling noise.
Electro-Voice RE520 Features
- Premium condenser element delivers a highly-detailed, full, and vivid sound
- Supercardioid polar pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation and feedback control
- Multi-stage pop filter minimizes breath blasts and plosives
- Selectable high-pass filter reduces undesirable low frequency content when engaged
- Vibration-absorbing internal shock mount minimizes handling noise
- RE520 Supercardioid Condenser Microphone1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance 200 ohms
- Sensitivity, open circuitvoltage @ 1 kHz 5.6 mV/Pascal (-45 dBV/Pa)
- Clipping (max SPL) 150 dB SPL (1% THD)
- Self noise 17 dB SPL "A" weighed (0 dB=20 μPa)
- Dynamic range 133 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio 77 dB
- Power requirements 48 VDC phantom power
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Electrical contact 3-pin, XLR-type
- Finish Black polyurethane paint
- Materials Zinc die cast, steel wire cloth grille
- Dimensions (length x diameter x shank)7.6 x 1.95 x 0.96 inches (192 x 49.5 x 24.3 mm)
- Net weight 11.7 oz (332 g)
- Shipping weight 1 lb 5.1 oz (598 g)