The TX2152 from Electro-Voice is a high power, very high sensitivity, 2-way loudspeaker system that can be used in applications that require high SPL while maintaining a smooth response. When combined with the TX2181 subwoofer, the TX2152 is capable of serving as the main PA for small to medium sized live sound venues and nightclubs with extended LF response.
The TX2152 utilizes the ND2, a high output 2-inch titanium compression driver, coupled to a Constant Directivity 60° x 40° horn. This combination results in excellent pattern control in medium throw applications.
Dual SMX2151 15-inch woofers have FEA optimized magnet structures and shorting rings for ultra low distortion and maximum intelligibility at high SPL levels. The crossover uses very steep 36 dB/octave slopes with equalization for very smooth response in vocal range, and a protection circuit for long term reliability.
The TX2152 has a variety of features that make it equally suited for portable or fixed installation applications. The internally braced, trapezoidal enclosure is constructed out of a combination of plywood and MDF, and coated with EVCoat for maximum strength and durability. The unique grille design is very strong, dent resistant, and features a rotatable logo. Four way handles allow for gripping the TX2152 in a variety of positions. Six (6) M8 or six 3/8-inch threaded points allow a single TX2152 to be suspended in a various positions in fixed installation applications. The recessed input panel with dual NL4 connectors keeps the connectors hidden and allows for closer placement to a wall or other boundary. The TX2152 is the same width and height as the TX2181, providing a single column appearance when stacked, and uses the minimum amount of space when stored or transported.
Electro-Voice TX2152 Features
- Very high SPL with smooth response
- Ideal as mains for small-to-medium clubs
- Excellent pattern control for medium throw use
- Dual SMX2151 woofers with fully symmetric drive
- 2-inch ND2 neodymium HF compression driver
- Rotatable Constant-directivity 60º x 40º horn
- Advanced 6th-order crossover with HF protection
- 103 dB sensitivity, 139 dB maximum SPL
- Power handling: 1000 W continuous, 4000 W peak
- Internally braced trapezoidal plywood/MDF enclosure
- Six 3/8-inch threaded suspension points
- Black EVCoat finish
- TX2152 dual 15" 2-way full-range speaker1
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)50Hz - 18,000Hz
- Suspension(6) 3/8" threaded inserts
- Min. Impedance3.1 Ω
- Nominal Impedance (passive)4 Ω
- HF Transducer2" ND2
- LF Transducertwo 15" SMX2151
- Speaker Typefull-range
- Woofer Size15"
- Powered or Passivepassive
- Frequency Response (-3 dB)55Hz - 13,000Hz
- Max. SPL/1m139 dB
- Coverage (nominal -6 dB) H60°
- Coverage (nominal -6 dB) V40°
- System Power Handling (continuous/program/peak)1000//4000 watts
- Rotatable Hornyes
- Crossover Frequency1750 Hz
- Enclosure Materialplywood and MDF with EVCOAT
- Sensitivity 1W/1m103 dB
- Recommended High-Pass Frequency40 Hz
- Internal Crossoveryes
- FamilyTour X
- Input ConnectionsParallel Neutrik® NL4
- Dimensions (HxWxD)45.43" x 20" x 18.54"