The EQP-WA is a re-creation of the most renowned tube Equalizer in studio history, the "Pultec EQP-1A". Not only does the look and feel of the EQP-WA match the classic Pultec units, but the sonic quality has been carefully considered by using top-end components such as CineMag transformers and premium tubes. This fully discrete Tube EQ can pull euphoric sonics from any track and bring a brilliance and luster to mixes that’s nearly impossible to achieve inside-the-box. We are proud to have once again redefined the industry standard by bringing a fully professional-grade equalizer to the market at a price that's just as remarkable as the unit.
Our goal was to make a equalizer affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of equalizer so desirable. The EQP-WA is a high-voltage tube equalizer, utilzing CineMag USA Transformers and two premium vacuum tubes by Tung-Sol. The EQP-WA operates on two tubes: one 12AX7 and one 12AU7. We proudly use Tung-Sol brand tubes in this product for their sonic richness and 'open' sound. These 2 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
Warm Audio EQP-WA Features
- Premium grade input and output Cinemage USA transformers
- Tube equalizer based on the classic “PULTEC” EQP-1A
- Premium high voltage 2AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- Cinemag inductor EQ section
- Bypassable EQ section - signal still passes through tubes and transformers for warming effect
- XLR & TRS transformer balanced outputs and inputs
- Flat frequency response from 20Hz-50kHz
- No insertion loss - loss restored by tube amplifier
- 5 added frequency points for greater flexibility
- Switchable 115/230V IEC power inlet
- Boost and cut controls can be used simultaneously for phase effect
- EQP-WA Tube Equalizer1
- Dimensions19x3.5x6" 2RU rack-mountable.
- Low-frequency boost 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 12dB
- Low-frequency cut 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 18dB
- High-frequency boost 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz - 18dB
- High-frequency cut3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz - 14dB