The RØDE NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries.
Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.
The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimize light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional 'DeadCat' furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
The RØDE NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NTG2 Features
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- Rugged metal construction
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- P48 phantom power or AA battery option
- Low handling noise
- Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Ideal for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries
- 10 year extended warranty when you register online at www.rodemic.com/warranty
- NTG2 multi-powered shotgun microphone1
- Mic clip1
- Wind shield1
- Zip case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity-36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Max SPL131 dB SPL
- Equivalent Noise Level18 dBA (A-Weighted)
- Max Output Level6.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Power OptionsAA battery or +48V phantom power
- Active ElectronicsJFET impedance convertor with balanced transformer output
- Output Connection3 pin XLR output
- Dimensions (HxWxD)11" x 0.87" x 0.87"
- Weight5.7 oz (161 g)