The VideoMic NTG is a broadcast-grade, feature-packed shotgun microphone optimised for on-camera use. It features the same revolutionary acoustic design as the NTG5 broadcast shotgun microphone, which delivers unmatched transparency and a natural, uncolored sound. Add to this an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise, and what you have is a compact on-camera microphone that contends with the world’s best shotgun mics.
Digital switching gives you access to a high-pass filter, -20dB pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel, plus there is a unique infinitely variable gain control that allows you to precisely tailor the output as you need. Its auto-sensing 3.5mm output detects what device you are connected to (camera or mobile) and switches to accommodate. There is also a handy new dB peak warning light, so you can always ensure your audio isn’t clipping.
As well as pairing perfectly with DSLRs, compact cameras, and smartphones – either on-camera, as a boom mic, or on a pistol grip – it is also a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, tablet, or smartphone. The VideoMic NTG is officially MFI-certified (Made for iPhone, iPad & iPod). To connect your VideoMic NTG to Lightning-equipped iOS devices, you’ll need the SC15 or SC19 cable (sold separately).
RØDE VideoMic NTG Features
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering unmatched acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very flat frequency response
- Unique infinitely variable gain control
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output interacts seamlessly with both cameras and mobile devices
- Class-compliant USB-C output with headphone output for seamless audio monitoring
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel
- dB peak warning light
- Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 30+ hours of recording, charges via USB-C
- High-quality Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting with cable management and a sliding rail to adjust mic placement on a camera cold shoe.
- Lightweight (94g) and rugged aerospace-grade aluminium construction
- VideoMic NTG (VMNTG) On-Camera Shotgun Microphone1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response35 Hz - 18 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity-26 dB re 1V/Pa (50mV @ 94dB SPL) ± 1dB @ 1kHz
- Output Impedance10Ω
- Signal to noise Ratio79 dBA
- Dynamic Range105dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise15dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL @ 1% THD120dB SPL
- High Pass Filter Frequency75Hz, 150Hz
- Battery Life30+ hours
- Battery Capacity350mAh
- Output Connection3.5mm auto-sensing USB-C
- Bit Depth24-bit
- Sample Rates48kHz
- OS Requirements
- Mac OS 10.12
- Windows 10
- Diameter: 21.6mm
- Length: 171mm
- Weight: 94g