The RØDE NTG3 super-cardioid shotgun microphone is designed for professional use on film, television, electronic news gathering and wherever high-resolution broadcast audio is required.
As RØDE's premier directional microphone the NTG3 exhibits superlative audio quality with a rich, warm quality and a full frequency response. Its RF bias technology makes it almost completely resistant to moisture, making it the only option when recording in demanding environments where condensation is an issue.
Machined from solid brass and available in either anti-glare, nickel-plated finish or matte black (NTG3B), the NTG3 is incredibly robust while remaining light weight. Its precise yet forgiving polar pattern ensures that whether used on-camera or on a boom pole, the NTG3 will capture audio clearly every time.
A durable aluminum storage cylinder is supplied to provide the ultimate protection for the NTG3 while in storage and transport. Tightly sealed at both ends the cylinder is highly weatherproof, adding to the microphone's rugged performance credentials.
The RØDE NTG3 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NTG3 Features
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- 50% less self-noise than the majority of shotgun microphones
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- Includes durable aluminium storage cylinder for transport, pop filter, mic clip and large zip pouch
- Designed for professional use on film, television, ENG & wherever high resolution broadcast audio is required
- NTG3 RF-Bias Shotgun Microphone1
- RCNTG3 Water resistant aluminum storage cylinder 1
- WSNTG3 Wind shield 1
- ZP2 Zip pouch1
- RM5 Microphone clip 1
- One Year Warranty (10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone)1
- Acoustic PrincipleLine Gradient
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Range40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance25Ω
- Sensitivity-30dB ±2dB re 1V/Pa @ 1kHz
- Maximum SPL 130dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise13dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output+8.2dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Dynamic Range117dB (per IEC651)
- Signal/Noise81dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Power Req.48V Phantom Power (44-52V min 5mA)
- Length: 255mm
- Diameter: 19mm
- Output Connection3 pin XLR, balanced output between Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-) and Pin 1 (ground)
- Net Weight 163g