Based on RØDE's award winning NTG3 shotgun microphone, the NTG8 is a broadcast quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across a wide frequency response range. This makes the NTG8 the perfect microphone for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, and any professional distance miking application.
Like the NTG3, the NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause other condenser microphones to fail.
The NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation, cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection for the microphone when in transport or storage. The WSNTG8 windshield completes the package, providing light environmental protection.
The RØDE NTG8 long shotgun microphone is designed in Australia and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NTG8 Features
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Highly directional polar response
- Natural sounding audio both on and off-axis
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- NTG8 RF-bias Long Shotgun Microphone1
- Weatherproof aluminium cylinder for transport1
- SM8 shock mount 1
- Wind shield1
- One Year Warranty (10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone)1
- Acoustic Principle Line Gradient
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Range40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance25Ω
- Sensitivity-20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Maximum SPL124dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level8.2mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)8dBA
- Power Options+48V phantom power
- Active ElectronicsRF Bias
- Weight 345g
- Dimensions (HxWxD)559x19x19mm
- Output XLR Output