The TC20 is an omnidirectional microphone designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
With a whopping SPL rating of 150dB the TC20 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about distortion, even with the loudest instruments. And there is no proximity effect, so you can get the TC20 as close as you want to the sound source.
With a 10Hz – 20kHz ruler-flat frequency response, the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound. Its transient response is ultra fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. The TC20 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
Designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
Earthworks TC20 Features
- Cost effective general-purpose omni with high frequency response to 20kHz
- Ideal for a wide variety of instruments and vocals, including acoustic guitar, string instruments and piano
- For live sound the TC20 can be used for close miking instrument amps, drums or brass
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Accurate and uncolored
- Effortlessly handle high sound pressure levels up to 150dB SPL while simultaneously capturing subtle details
- Fast impulse response and diaphragm settling time
- Exceptional flat frequency response and are time coherent, so they sound natural and uncolored
- TC20 20kHz omni microphone for loud sources1
- Microphone clip1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response9 Hz - 20 kHz ±1/-3dB
- Output Impedance65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min. Output Load600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Sensitivity8mV/Pa (-42dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max. Acoustic Input150dB SPL
- OutputXLR (pin 2+)
- Noise26dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions (LxD)6.5" x 8"
- Weight0.35 pounds