Designed for the most demanding concert and installation audio professionals, the WideLine-8 system sets new standards for astonishing acoustical performance and compact size. Line arrays are increasingly employed in a wider range of venues and applications. Frequently these venues have height or sightline restrictions that limit the placement and size of the array. Rising fuel costs are putting pressure on touring system providers to downsize their transportation requirements. At the same time, client and audience expectations for audio performance has never been higher. To meet these needs, QSC embarked on a program to develop the most compact, highest output line array speaker system available.
QSC WL3082 Features
- Extraordinarily compact (only 20" / 508 mm wide) and lightweight (38 lb / 17.2 kg)
- High acoustic output (133 dB SPL peak)
- Wide 140° horizontal coverage
- High power, 8" neodymium LF / MF drivers provide low-frequency extension to 62 Hz without subwoofers
- 3" diaphragm compression driver on QSC's patented 140° multiple diffraction aperture waveguide (Patent No. 7,177,437)
- Patented (D576,660) side-mounted vent ports designed for double duty as handles
- Simple, easy-to-use rigging system supports arrays of up to 12 units with 10:1 design factor
- Flexible ground stack capability
- Fully supported in EASE and EASE Focus acoustic software
- Birch ply enclosures. Available with standard finish in black (WL3082) or white (WL3082-WT). For applications requiring an extra durable finish, the WL3082-TG (Tour Grade) version is coated with LINE-X® (black only).
- Designed for tri-amplified operation. DSP settings are available on Q-Sys, SC-28, PLD amplifiers and CXD amplifiers.