Part of the EKX series from Electro-Voice, the EKX-18S 18” passive subwoofer combines quality and reliability in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios. Ideal for musicians, DJs and live performance, and installed sound applications, the innovative EKX-18S is equipped with features that optimize performance and versatility, including EV-engineered speaker and amplifier components and on-board signal processing with user-friendly single-knob control and application presets for easy set-up. Electro-Voice’s award-winning industrial design – incorporating robust wood enclosures, premium-quality hardware, and durable EVCoat finish – ensures that this sub looks as great as it sounds.
Electro-Voice Subwoofer Features
- 1600 W (peak), 134 dB peak SPL on the EKX-18S utilizing highsensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, and durable EVCoat finish.
- Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension.
- Metal grille reinforcement bar (two bars on the EKX-18S).
- M20 threaded pole mount plate.
In the Box
- 1x EKX-18S 18" Passive Subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35 Hz - 300kHz (Half Space Measurement)
- Minimum Impedance: 7.0Ω
- Speaker Type: Subwoofer
- Woofer Size: 18inch
- Powered or Passive: Passive
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 50 Hz - 100Hz (Half Space Measurement)
- Max. SPL/1m (calc): 134dB
- LF Transducer: EVS-18C 457 mm (18 in)
- Power Rating: 1600W
- Connector Type: Dual NL4
- Enclosure Material: 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
- Grille: 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Height: 20.47" (520mm)
- Width: 23.86" (606mm)
- Depth: 24.09" (612mm)
- Recommended High-Pass Frequency: 30Hz
- Weight Net: 70.11lbs (31.8kg)
- Shipping Weight: 88.41lbs (40.1kg)
- Family: EKX
- Power Handling (Continuous / Peak): 400 W/1600W
- Maximum SPL: 134dB
- Passive Power Handling: 1600W peak
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Axial Sensitivity (SPL, 1 W @ 1 m): 96dB