Blackmagic Design sync generator converter has six crystal stabilized video reference outputs for referencing video equipment in high definition Tri-Sync or standard definition Blackburst TV standards, ideal for small studios and outside broadcasts. Connections are multi-rate, and formats are automatically detected and switched as needed. Compact and rugged construction keep the converter operating safely and easily whether on equipment racks in the studio, on news trucks, or even used outdoors for live sports and other events.
Feed is stable and protected with redundant SDI input and auto switching SD and HD. Auto switching function instantly switches between standard definition and high definition video formats when the video input changes. Connect a redundant cable to the second SDI input for automatic switchover if the main input is lost for any reason. Redundancy feature is especially helpful in outdoor uses and crowded locations. A loop through SDI output allows you to connect to other devices and is helpful when more than two audio channels are needed.
Standard 1/4 inch jack connectors are used for all audio connections, so standard cables can be used. These 1/4 inch jack connections are switchable for embedded professional balanced analog audio or AES/EBU digital audio. Both features of the 1/4 inch jack connections eliminate extra equipment of custom cables and a separate converter for analog and digital audio.
Long cable lengths can be run without losing video quality due to low SDI jitter and full SDI re-clocking. 10-bit video processing and low noise level when moving from between analog and digital also makes the converter ideal for broadcast, postproduction, and professional AV. User friendly design provides easy cable access, and quick setting changes from built-in mini switches. 3G-SDI technology that comes with the converter can be updated as video formats change by loading the upgrade via the converter’s built-in USB connection.
Blackmagic Design Mini Converter Sync Generator Features
- Multi-rate connections are compatible with most SD and HD-SDI equipment
- Automatically detects the input signal and switch formats as needed
- 1/4 inch audio jacks so custom cables aren’t needed
- Redundant SDI input so a second SDI cable can be run as a back up
- High quality 10-bit video processing and low jitter SDI
- Full SDI re-clocking
- Easily accessed cables and controls
- Included Converter Utility software can control settings and update software
- Mini Converter Sync Generator1
- 12V universal power supply with international socket adapters1
- Three Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- Analog Video Outputs: 6 x common Blackburst or Tri Level reference outputs
- SDI Rates: 270Mb, 1.5G
- Multi Rate Support: Via mini switches
- Updates and Configuration: USB
- StandardsAnalog Format Support: 525i29.97 NTSC, 625i25 PAL, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- Software Control: Mac™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina
- Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Settings ControlMini Switches or USB software
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 3.00 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12V DC
- Physical Specifications
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 0.9 x 4.84 x 3.63 inches
- Weight: 8.46 oz
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non‑condensing